Author Topic: How Is Your Collection Arranged  (Read 2467 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: How Is Your Collection Arranged
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 10:17:30 pm »
By system and then semi alphabetical because of games always being added so it's all games with a then  all games with b and so on

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 12:23:01 am »
Another for by system, then alphabetically here. Organizing them any other way just doesn't make much sense to me.

tripredacus

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 10:51:41 am »
Most of my games are alphabetical, they are all grouped by system. The exceptions to that are:

PC big boxes are just randomly arranged on two shelves.

PC CD Rom is a big mix because I am not quite sure how to arrange them. Also I have been considering moving those into another room at some point in the future, so I have not been too concerned with arranging them.

The Genesis shelves are sorted as:
1. grid design
2. Red/caution design by publisher
3. the rest by publisher/design

The only publisher that has actual designs is EA, which has three main designs. The two-tone original games, the non-sports design that came later (like F-117, etc) and the white EA Sports.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 11:08:44 am »
System
   Alphabetical -ish

I have Zelda II right next to Legend of Zelda way up in the L's and Zoda's Revenge in the S's, but for some reason Rainbow Islands isn't in the B's

Most of my collection is on shelves and my badass Nintendo retail cabinet.  There's some overrun though (Wii, DS, 3DS).  It's in totes in the garage. 

Things are looking up though!  I start this weekend on one room to rule them all.  A detached 12'x32' building with plenty of space for the whole collection and arcade games.  I'm so freaking excited.

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 11:10:25 am »
By system and then alphabetical... with a few exceptions.  PSVR games are separated from PS4.  Imports are not intermingled with [NA/US] titles for some systems (FC/SFC)

Things are looking up though!  I start this weekend on one room to rule them all.  A detached 12'x32' building with plenty of space for the whole collection and arcade games.  I'm so freaking excited.
Oh my, how much is that gonna cost?  I was looking into this not too long ago and for what I'd want it would probably cost $10-20k
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:11:58 am by ignition365 »

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 11:15:32 am »
I display by console, and then by publisher; an alphabetical arrangement would just be too much bother  to make sure everything was always in the right place :)

Besides, it’s really cool to me to see all the purple Capcom NES games together, or all the distinctive grey Konami NES games together.
The publishers are not in any particular order, but I try to keep game series together so that means putting certain publishers next to each other. For example, Ultra published the first 2 NES TMNT games but Konami did after that. The first NES Double Dragon was published by Tradewest and the rest by Acclaim.

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 11:25:27 am »
Like most people here, by system then alphabetical, with also a few exceptions since i like to keep all games of the same series together (so Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain goes into the "L" and Silent Line: Armored Core with the other AC games in "A"). The major difference between the database and my collection is that i take into account the full title of the game (even article) so games starting with "The" will go into the "T" part of my collection.

tripredacus

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2018, 11:37:40 am »
My Music CD and movie collections are sorted alphabetically, absolutely... In that spine/edge titles rule supreme, and even things starting with An go into A, and The go into T.  :o

telly

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2018, 10:38:46 am »
My Music CD and movie collections are sorted alphabetically, absolutely... In that spine/edge titles rule supreme, and even things starting with An go into A, and The go into T.  :o

That's against protocol! ;)

My games are not organized because they're split in my apartment and at my parents house. They're just arranged from right to left what I played last. When I get the whole collection together someday then I'll really organize everything.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2018, 07:13:46 pm »

Congratulations in advance on your game room Turf hope you post some pics would love to see it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:30:20 pm by wartoy »

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 01:09:23 pm »
I might be an odd one out, but I tend to arrange games by franchise. All my Zelda games and stuff get their own shelf: Metroid, Mario, Pokemon, Doom, Final Fantasy, Dragon quest, etc. I think this makes for a more expressive setup.

Some things are setup by genre. I have some miscellaneous shooters, party games, sports games, racing games lumped together. I have a shrine to RPGs that only have a few in the series like the Final Fantasy Legend series (saga), Mana, and Phantasy Star stuff all lumped together. Once I fill out the collection they will probably have their own space on the shelf.

All the other odds and bits, particularly stuff that doesn't fit anywhere just gets lumped by console in no particular order. Dumping them on the floor and digging through the pile like an eight-year-old is part of the fun to me.

My favorite section, albeit probably least played section, is my Kaiju section: Godzilla games, Ultraman, King of the Monsters, Primal Rage. Easily the one most visitors comment on when they come over.

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 03:36:30 pm »
I arrange mine by system and then in the order that I acquired them.  Think of it like sorting files in Windows by Date Created or Date Modified.