Author Topic: A Virus In An Old Super Nintendo Game Mortal Kombat 2  (Read 1080 times)

A Virus In An Old Super Nintendo Game Mortal Kombat 2
« on: June 17, 2018, 12:31:23 am »
Years ago I picked up a used copy of Mortal Kombat II I have gotten rid of it a long time ago, but if you played that cartridge. all the fighters would glitch out randomly a 4 seconds into the first fight to the point that the game had a mind of it's own, the buttons didn't work at all and the game was looping glitches flying the fighters all over the screen. and the game also was playing itself moving the fighters automatically.

I did read once that Mortal Kombat II for the Super Nintendo, had an experienced hacker that discovered how to break the cartridges that were sold back in the early 1990's. This hacker also did this for a joke or a prank to pull on kids to make them think that their Super Nintendo was being controlled by ghosts It was also an old article I read on the internet about this.

I figured this topic was interesting so I shared it with you

Did your ever run into those messed up Mortal Kombat II games?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 12:35:38 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: A Virus In An Old Super Nintendo Game Mortal Kombat 2
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 03:10:15 am »
It was not hacked or modified, it was dirty. I bought a copy of Super Mario All Stars off of Ebay years ago and it had a bunch of crazy glitches, hit the X button and you would change powers, neat stuff. If I turned it off and back on it was still like what I was describing.  I cleaned the cart and it all went away, kinda wish I didn't do that.

So no, hacking the EEPROM and then reprogramming the game using Assembly to randomly mess up would have been a huge waste of time and resources.