Author Topic: Relaxing Video Games Thread  (Read 1746 times)

Relaxing Video Games Thread
« on: May 07, 2018, 09:18:15 pm »
Let's say you don't want to work at a fast paced game or you're tired. what are some video games that relax you and let you go at your own pace I know some that relax me because I am not really a hard core gamer here is a list of some of mine Or even if you find all games relaxing say so.

1: (The Sims) (whole series) Here is a strange genre like no other. You can build, you can create things and the gameplay is usually not headache inducing, It keeps you busy whether you're playing a PC or console version it is mostly the same and it puts you into a new reality. Many consider it a girls game, but I am a guy and I like this series

2: (Pokemon) (series) Mostly a handheld RPG vary relaxing it don't require a heavy load of thinking. At least in my experience just pick a tactic and press a button with trial and error it's battles are sorta like a game of chess only more fun however it is the only RPG that I really enjoy so far

3: (Golf games) although sometimes playing a perfect game can be frustrating. It is one of those games that I play and enjoy at times. Although I rather be golfing on a real course using real equipment. But real life golfing is a vary expensive hobby that I am not going to take up in real life, so I just play the games once and a while

4: (Simcity) series build a city and control it while doing it. But The Sims for PC is much more in debt of building a city in fact Simcity is just like The Sims only less complicated. In other words you can actually build a city in the Sims 2 and 3 series and control its government just like you do in Simcity

5: Roller Coaster Tycoon series, I enjoy the 1st and 2nd one better then the 3rd one. and in this game you build and run an amusement park, and watch people ride your rides in the 3rd one you can actually ride on all the rides you make.

As you can see most of these are PC games but, I'm sure there is a lot more relaxing games to discuss here if you want to talk about video games that relax you. Even if there completely different types of games.

I know some of you probably find faster paced games to be relaxing, just like my old friend in high school she could relax at playing a fast paced NHL hockey game. Or maybe all video games are relaxing for you at this moment in your life. :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:22:36 pm by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

Re: Relaxing Video Games Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 09:59:26 pm »
some of the pokemon can require some serious though when it comes down to type advantages and what moves are good against the pokemon your opponent has out and you usually dont want to send a pokemon with a type disadvantage out even if it has a move that s good against that opposing pokemon etc.

the only simpler games i have are rugrats search for reptar, de blob 2, and tropico 4

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 10:08:15 pm »
Stuff like Minecraft or Stardew Valley tend to be very chill games for me.  Kinda mindless tasks, get a podcast going, and just build and gather.

Other stuff for people might be stuff like Journey or Abzu.  I don't personally think those games are that great, but it's all about a very chill experience.

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 10:40:24 pm »
 Awesome thread :)

Here are some of my favorite relaxing games.  :D

Tetris  -    Tetris is so addictive but it's simplicity makes it not very stressful or intuitive,  you can lay back in bed and play it on anything you have from phone to switch or other handhelds.  And the russian theme music is iconic and very relaxing :)

GTA V -  This sounds like a very high pace crazy game and usually it is with explosions and theft and sex and crime lol.  But it can also be a relaxing game.  taking a nice night time cruise down the santa monica high way or walking around big mountain ranges.  The tennis mini game is fun too. 

Minecraft -  This game is truly the most meta and time consuming game ever, it absorbs you into this digital blocky utopia where your imagination fuels the fun.  A game where you simply place blocks but somehow even after mining millions of blocks and placing them in different configurations, it almost never gets old :D   The piano music in the background is so peaceful.  playing this in the dark makes you sleepy. It's so relaxing and beautiful.

Absolute Drift: Zen Edition -   I don't own this game, and have never played it lol.  But I get mezmorized and relaxed looking at it so I can imagine it's truly beautiful to play.  It's so stunning and relaxing.  Anything called Zen Edition says it all  ;D   I want this game once I get a PS4.  :)

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 12:59:19 am »
Sega Marine Fishing (Dreamcast)
Pilotwings 64 (N64)
Waverace 64 (N64)

Agozer

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 06:06:05 am »
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune.

Yes, it's very relaxing. Unless it's a grueling volleyball match.

kashell

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 08:16:56 am »
The Atelier series. The only one I wouldn't count would be the original Atelier Rorona.

azure

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 12:03:14 pm »
Animal Crossing & Harvest Moon come to mind.

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 06:58:06 pm »
I was surprised how mellow The Witness is. You can step away from puzzles to look at the environment, try a different set of puzzles, etc. No timers or anything. I've only spent a little time with it, but it's a nice walking simulator mixed with a puzzle genre.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

armani

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 06:15:03 pm »
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 Professional, along with the other MFS games. You can't go wrong.

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 08:00:20 am »
Unravel is really relaxing imo! A lot of indie games actually.

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 12:56:56 pm »
Any turn-based tactics game is my go-to, Advance wars, FF tactics, etc... lately I've been obsessed with Front Mission 3. I can spend a half hour just chilling on the couch customizing my mechs, and the turn-based gameplay means you can set it down and take a break at any time!

aliensstudios

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2018, 06:13:57 pm »
Typically I'll plug Donkey Kong Country in and play. It's my favorite title of all time and it always makes me happy when I play it.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."