Author Topic: Your Favorite Mech Game  (Read 4515 times)

Re: Your Favorite Mech Game
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 11:42:45 am »
Armored Core 3 + the series... but mostly Armored Core 3... that was one awesome game...

AC3 is the game that I came here to post about. I was obsessed with that game for a while. I couldn’t wait for AC4....and I remember being disappointed with it. That was the end of my brief mech game fascination.

I bought Armored Core 2 with my Christmas money in 2000 following getting a PS2 for XMAS. I LOVE that freakin game! Especially the arena and the mech customization options. Armored Core 3 was almost equally amazing imo. I own both Armored Core 4 and 5, but have sadly not played either yet. I've heard most people say they are disappointing, but have never looked too deeply into why.

kashell

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 09:13:48 am »
I just Started Playing Front Mission 3 and I'm loving it! Other than that I really enjoy the Armored Core series but haven't played any of them past PS2 games. Also MechWarrior is fun but I need to delve into that series more.

I just finished it. Which route did you take?

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 04:30:39 am »
I just Started Playing Front Mission 3 and I'm loving it! Other than that I really enjoy the Armored Core series but haven't played any of them past PS2 games. Also MechWarrior is fun but I need to delve into that series more.

I currently going though Emma's storyline.

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2018, 08:43:24 pm »
I want to give a shout out to Ring of Red. It's a sloooooow game, but it's got some good ideas. And big ol' mechs.

I too liked this game!! I don't think I ever completed it though. If I ever get around to powering up the PS2, I hope its still as good as I remembered. And which memory card has the save file on it? hmmmm

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 09:02:35 pm »
I love Mech's, but I've barely played mech games...I believe I played one of the PS2 Armored Core ones, pretty sure AC2 due to the cover as I look back.  I played Chromehounds on the Xbox 360, which I remember being good.  I think I dabbled with a PC Mechwarrior game.  And I played Hawken for abit.

Definitely do enjoy Mech stuff, but there isn't a lot of that these days.

maximo310

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2018, 05:54:37 am »
Assault/ Assault Plus - Very underrated twin stick shooter for arcades. One of the most graphically impressive games of 1988, and contains a ton of replayability thanks to responsive controls, a large amount of stages, and experimenting with different paths. Plus version also adds a easy/super mode with altered level layouts. Sadly ahead of its time, and never got any sequels.

Armored Warriors- Nice arcade beat-em-up with good graphics due to cps2 hardware, the ability to customize your weapon/arm/leg system from defeated enemies, and a high difficulty especially in the last few stages makes this a decent challenge for a 1cc (in my opinion). Kind of a crime that its sequel ended up being a 1v1 fighter that got mostly ignored in arcades.

Front Mission 2- Second entry in the series, that contains a ton of upgrades compared to the first games with the Action Points system, along with a mature storyline and a high difficulty to boot ( got stuck near one of the super tank missions about 60% in). Unfortunately, due to the mature content, Square never released this in the US and the only way to play is to find the translation patch for the game ( which also requires a gamefaqs script for the last 30% of the game).

Some other ones I can reccomend are Dogyuun, Bangai-O Spirits, Granada, Hyper Duel, Super Robot Wars F Final, along with Gundam Battle Assault 1 & 2. Would like to add Metal Wolf Chaos once I have access to it via softmod.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 05:57:35 am by maximo310 »

aetherorange

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2018, 01:07:33 pm »
Xenogears, easily

kashell

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2018, 04:14:23 pm »

I currently going though Emma's storyline.

Same. I hear that Alisa's is very different, and absolutely worth playing through.

shfan

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2018, 05:34:41 pm »
I haven't played many games with mechs at all, dabbled briefly (and unsuccessfully) with Armored Core games, Krazy Ivan was my first PS1 game.. Front Mission 3, for sure, would be mine, one from Square's golden age. Didn't manage to finish it, but pecking away at enemy mechs to try and expel the pilot so you can nick his rig always kept me interested.

kashell

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2018, 10:47:42 am »
I haven't played many games with mechs at all, dabbled briefly (and unsuccessfully) with Armored Core games, Krazy Ivan was my first PS1 game.. Front Mission 3, for sure, would be mine, one from Square's golden age. Didn't manage to finish it, but pecking away at enemy mechs to try and expel the pilot so you can nick his rig always kept me interested.

If you do go back to it, look for an ability called Eject Punch. When it activates, you'll eject the pilot from their Wanzer. It's satisfying, helpful, and quite rewarding since you can sell Wanzer's for big bucks.

shfan

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2018, 05:11:53 pm »
Thanks Kashell, I'll bear that in mind (wouldn't mind replaying it soon!) :)

stealthrush

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2018, 04:59:21 pm »
Atomic Robo-Kid
A•M•O•K
BlaZeon
EOS: Edge of Skyhigh
Hyper Dyne Side Arms
Metal Storm
Musha Aleste
Robo Aleste
Seirei Senshi Spirggan/Mark-II/Powered
Senko no Ronde

piscean64

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2018, 01:44:15 am »
Xenogears, easily

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2018, 07:33:04 pm »
Naw brah. Why aren't you all saying New Mobile War Chronicle Gundam Wing: Endless Duel brah?

sergreyjoy

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2018, 10:22:46 am »
Had to think quite a bit, and most of what I'd choose as already been mentioned, so I got to go with The Guardian Legend on NES.

When I started collecting on NES, this was one of the first games I bought. Played it all the way through (and then all the way through the hard mode - shooter only). Fell in love instantly! Rare were the games of that era that melded multiple genres together, and that one sure delivered!