Author Topic: Your Favorite Mech Game  (Read 4363 times)

Your Favorite Mech Game
« on: May 16, 2018, 06:50:25 am »
Mechwarrior 4 Series

1: Mechwarrior 4 Mercineries PC
2: Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance PC
3: Mechwarrior 4 Black Knight PC Expansion pack

For those who are new to this series, or too young to know this series is mainly on PC although I do own a PS1 version of Mechwarrior 2. This series is a first person shooter that lets you take control of a huge war machine called a Mech. you shoot other war machines called Mechs in 3D or first person and or even in third person if you choose.

It is basically another game about future war simulation with a story line. Especially the Mechwarrior 4 series. MW4 Vengeance, and Black Night PC Expansion has the best story out of all of the PC versions I've played, in my opinion. Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance and it's expansion pack is worth adding to your retro PC collection also in my opinion

I highly recommend for all Mech gameing fans "Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance" and Mechwarrior 4 Black Knight and Mech Warrior 4 Mercenaries defiantly MW4 Mercenaries. :)

Mechwarrior is not that console game that came with the massive control station
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 06:53:36 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

kashell

Re: Your Favorite Mech Game
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 08:12:02 am »
I'm currently playing Front Mission 3, and it's pretty awesome. A bit slow at times, but still awesome.

Others included Xenogears, Vanguard Bandits, Zone of the Enders, and the Little Tail Bronx games such as Tail Concerto and Solatorobo: Red the Hunter.

ferraroso

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 10:48:48 am »
My used to love Xenogears and the Front Mission series, but recently I discovered the Assault Suit(s) Leynos/Valken series and these games became my favorites.
But I have a question: does the Metal Gear franchise qualify as a series of Mech Game for you guys? If it does, that is easily my favorite!

azure

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 12:39:41 pm »
Aside from all the great RPGs with mecha involved, I really like the Armored Core series. The go to mecha games for me.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 12:53:45 pm »

So much fun. More jump-in play, less simulation. And that's what I want. I just want to blow shit up. And this game has a lot of destructible shit to blow up!

You also get a lot of different mechs to pilot throughout the campaign.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 02:51:03 pm »
Chromehounds xbox360 was my favorite. You can only play the training missions now because it was online only
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:33:15 pm by wartoy »

kashell

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 09:32:11 am »
I want to give a shout out to Ring of Red. It's a sloooooow game, but it's got some good ideas. And big ol' mechs.

Flashback2012

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 04:19:34 pm »
Herzog Zwei  :)

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 04:24:36 pm »
Zone of the Enders and Zone of the Enders 2

I have recently been itching badly to play the Mechwarrior games, specifically 2, 3, 4, and the commander series, and their respective expansions. These games have always fascinated me and while they lacked some of the depth that the PC counterparts had, I LOVED the arcade cockpit pods they had during the 90s. My local D&B had about 10 of them and they were one of my favorite things about D&B. If it wasn't so expensive to play a round in them i would have easily played it way more growing up.

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 01:02:51 pm »
Armored Core 2 for the PS2.
I remember so much about that game that I REALLY shouldn't XD

brazbit

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 03:21:02 pm »
MechAssault 1 & 2 on Xbox (Some of the most fun I have ever had on Xbox Live at launch)
BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception on PC
Steel Battalion on Xbox (Not the most fun but sitting there behind all those controllers, switches, toggles and pedals is quite the experience)

The rest is all rather generic and didn't really make much of an impression on me.

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 08:30:43 pm »
Armored Core 3 + the series... but mostly Armored Core 3... that was one awesome game...

and Front Mission series
The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 02:02:15 pm »
Armored Core 3 + the series... but mostly Armored Core 3... that was one awesome game...

AC3 is the game that I came here to post about. I was obsessed with that game for a while. I couldn’t wait for AC4....and I remember being disappointed with it. That was the end of my brief mech game fascination.

stealthrush

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 03:34:35 pm »
Bakuretsu Muteki Bangaioh / Bangai-O
Bulk Slash
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram
Hyper Duel
Kahen Soukou Gunbike: Speed Power Gunbike
Metal Stalker: Full Metal Force
Omega Boost
Ranger X
Rohga: Armor Force / Wolf Fang: Kuhga 200
Sakura Taisen V

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 07:18:11 am »
I just Started Playing Front Mission 3 and I'm loving it! Other than that I really enjoy the Armored Core series but haven't played any of them past PS2 games. Also MechWarrior is fun but I need to delve into that series more.