Author Topic: What systems do you collect for?  (Read 1934 times)

What systems do you collect for?
« on: May 16, 2018, 10:37:29 am »
?

Re: What systems do you collect for?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 10:44:46 am »
Everything I can find besides PC

pizzasafari

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 11:01:25 am »
My main focus right now is Switch but my biggest collections are PS1/2/3 and original Xbox. On a smaller scale though I collect pretty much everything. I want to put more focus on my Saturn and Dreamcast collections but I can't seem to find many games for them I'm interested in.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 11:03:33 am »
I'm interested in games for every system out there and am open to anything.

My current game/hardware/accessory collection includes stuff for PS 1-4, all Xbox generations, PC, Commodore 16 + 64 + Amiga, Famicom + Disk System, Super Famicom + SNES, PC Engine, Genesis + Mega Drive, Saturn, Philips Videopac, Wonderswan, Vita, Gameboy + Color + Advance, DS, Wii, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Switch, Game & Watch + varios other LCD games, mini arcade tabletops, plug & play dedicated systems, misc. hardware and a single Pong unit.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:07:23 am by medisto »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 11:31:35 am »
Too many.  It's time to cull the herd.  Anyone want to come buy some of my shit?  I'm not listing it to ship; but today, I'm ready to sell.

*moving sucks

kashell

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 11:45:39 am »
I don't collect for a specific system. I just pick up what looks interesting and fun.

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 11:52:42 am »
I prioritize on PC and Sega Genesis.

azure

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 12:37:59 pm »
I really just collect the games that interest me. What I started collecting for, and what collection is most near and dear to me would be the GCN/GBA though.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 12:57:30 pm »
Nintendo:
-NES
-SNES
-GameCube
-Wii
-Wii U
-GB/GBC
-GBA
-DS/3DS

Sega:
-Master System
-Genesis
-Dreamcast
-Game Gear
(Sold my Saturn, it was just too expensive to collect for to be fun for me)

Other:
-PS1
-PS2
-PSP
-XBox
-XBox 360
-XBox One
(Sold my TG-16, just like the Saturn, too expensive to collect for to be fun for me)

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 02:46:53 pm »
PS1 to 4
Xbox OG to One
SNES/N64/GB/WII/WIIU/Switch
GB/GBA/DS/3DS
PSP/PsVita
Dreamcast
PC

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 06:48:16 pm »
The only system I truly "Collect" is Xbox 360, as far as trying to complete anything.

I have decent collections of PS3, PS4, XB1 and Wii-U as well. I have smaller collections of OG Xbox and Dreamcast games. I do have a physical collection of PC games (AKA cases with install discs....), but I'm only partially tracking them right now, as I've found quite a few not in the database....and I don't have time to enter them yet.
I have 100 or so NES games, and a bunch of Super Nintendo, but I don't consider those a collection so much (I don't even track them here)

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 07:00:29 pm »
Not counting new games I buy for PS4 and Switch, of which I trade games in regularly, right now I'm mostly just looking for boxed N64 and big box PC stuff.

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 08:03:56 pm »
While I casually collect for all the systems I own (Basically all Nintendo and Microsoft), snagging anything that looks interesting, the core focus of my collecting has been the Xbox 360, where I'm trying for a complete NTSC collection (Have around 400 titles to go). I've also put a heavy focus on the Toys to Life stuff (Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions, Amiibos), as I've enjoyed all those games and they make for a great display, unlike some other "collectables" like those horrible beady-eyed funko pops.

Beyond that, but still somewhat tied into gaming would be my board and card game collection. As the primary host of my social circle's game nights, my collection keeps growing and growing. It's at around 150 items in the collection currently.

Flashback2012

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 08:35:44 pm »
Pretty much every system since the Atari 2600 with the exception of these:

Atari 5200 (Even as a kid I thought these were ugly looking systems. It didn't help when I was old enough to buy one I'd heard they were prone to failure so I never picked one up)
Intellivision (This didn't look much better than Atari to me as a kid + fugly looking control pads + wanting the superior looking Colecovision made this system DOA in my mind)
Atari XE computers (Never had any exposure to them growing up)
Commodore 64/Amiga (Never considered the C64 a gaming console. I thought Amiga computers were neat and thought of getting a CD32 but never found anything local)
Tiger stand-alone LCD handhelds (I DO have a Game.Com but that's the extent of my Tiger patronage  :P)
Nuon (I would have picked one of these up on the cheap had I ever seen one but have only seen the software for it and never at a good price)
Zodiac Tapwave (Wanted one but could never find anyone local that dealt with them and tons of other systems owned by that point to devote funds to)

Too many.  It's time to cull the herd.  Anyone want to come buy some of my shit?  I'm not listing it to ship; but today, I'm ready to sell.

*moving sucks

My scythe is ready!  ;D

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 04:20:52 pm »
Current
*Dreamcast (mostly imports now)
*Saturn (again, mostly imports)
*Nintendo 64 (I've been slowly completing all my loose carts and there are still a handful of titles I'd like to find for it)
*PS2
*PS4
*Switch

Former
*NES
*SNES
*Gamecube
*Wii
*Wii U
*Gameboy/Gameboy Color
*GBA
*DS
*3DS
*PS1
*PS3
*PSP
*Genesis
*XBOX
*XBOX 360
*PC

To say that I formally collected for a system does not mean I no longer have a collection for those specific consoles or that I do not buy any games for them anymore at all. It simply means I am not actively searching for any games for them anymore, but occasionally find a game I'm interested in for one of them and throw it in with the games I already have. In the case of some of these consoles like the PS1 and original XBOX, I've pretty much collected every game I've ever wanted for the system so there is very little room left for improvement or expansion. Some of these systems like the NES, SNES, and Genesis I have stopped collecting for because of the collecting scene/market for them, but if things ever change in regards to that I may start searching for games for them again.

There are a few consoles I'd like to collect for, but have never done so because of either the rarity/scarcity of those games. I'm looking at you Neo Geo AES and PC-Engine!