Author Topic: How many members Own/Play Arcade Game Compilations Lets Talk  (Read 2588 times)

How many members Own/Play Arcade Game Compilations Lets Talk
« on: March 01, 2017, 02:38:00 pm »
Hi I just joined yesterday or the day before and have been adding to the database.  My first question what I am asking is, how many of you have play/played any Arcade compilations?

I own almost all of them for my PS2 and almost 200 of my games are not already here on site. My goal is to put all those games into my VG collection, and my final question is do you consider adding the arcade games found in your all in one disk collection to your VG collection?

If you just care about the games like i do than I highly recommend PS2 arcade compilations such as

Taito Legends 1 & 2 PS2
Midway Arcade Treasures vol (1) & (2) & (3) PS2
Capcom Classics Collections 1 and 2 PS2
Megaman Anniversary Collection PS2
Megaman X Collection
Intellivision Lives PS2
Activition Anthology PS2
Atari Anthology PS2
Sega Genesis Ultimate Collection PS3

:)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: How many members Own/Play Arcade Game Compilations Lets Talk
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 02:50:00 pm »
First off, welcome to the site!

I love compilations!  The more the merrier.  I have a tendency to buy a lot of them too.  I bought the Mega Man Legacy Collection for PS4 and 3DS.  If they keep making them, I'll keep buying them.

hexen

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 03:02:09 pm »
If I am understanding you correctly when you say "adding the arcade games found in your all in one disk collection", you mean if you have a compilation disc of 20 games, you add those 20 games individually rather then just the compilation disc. If that is what you mean, I would personally not do that. I would consider it a single item with everything inside it a part of it. I don't even add my steam games because to me a collection consists of physical items.

Compilation discs are pretty awesome when you don't have a lot of money. In early high school before I started seriously collecting or had any money, I traded for the MegaMan Anniversary Collection for GC, which is where I first played through all the MegaMan games. As time went on, I eventually got all the MegaMan NES carts because I like owning the originals as a collector, but for playing games I would say a compilation cart is just more convenient in most cases.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

telly

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 03:14:44 pm »
I own Metal Slug Anthology on PS2, but I don't go through adding the arcade listing of each game to my collection, if that's what you're asking.

I do do that on Backloggery because I want to track which games in the compilation I beat
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

soera

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 04:09:51 pm »
Please dont add each piece of a compilation to the database. Its not something someone can own separately so there is no reason to allow it to be added to someone's collection.

sworddude

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 04:27:21 pm »
If you for example own a copy of metal slug anthology wich includes metal slug 1 to 5 I would not add those seperately to the vg collect database.

You can ofcourse ad the metal slug anthology to your collection as one game.

However if you own the seperate ps2 copies of metal slug 3, 4 and 5 only than can one add them seperately.

Obviously it might be even worse with certain capcom and namco collection wich are 10 to sometimes even 20+ games.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 04:35:38 pm »
Please dont add each piece of a compilation to the database. Its not something someone can own separately so there is no reason to allow it to be added to someone's collection.

Ok i won't, I'll stop adding acrade conversions and homebrews even though this site gives the option to do so I figured if that feature was there to assign homebrews and arcade conversions :( I guess it was my mistake to add all those arcade conversions to the database
]
the main reason why I added them is because I would like to browse through games in my collection quickly without turning my self into a DJ I just want to log on, look for a game in my collection then see it and decide if I want to play it. I thought this site might be what i was looking for :(

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

rayne315

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 06:43:49 pm »

Ok i won't, I'll stop adding acrade conversions and homebrews even though this site gives the option to do so I figured if that feature was there to assign homebrews and arcade conversions :( I guess it was my mistake to add all those arcade conversions to the database
]
the main reason why I added them is because I would like to browse through games in my collection quickly without turning my self into a DJ I just want to log on, look for a game in my collection then see it and decide if I want to play it. I thought this site might be what i was looking for :(

by the sounds of it you are looking for something like http://backloggery.com/ or https://howlongtobeat.com/

the reason I use this site is for if the unfortunate happens (break in, fire, flood, tornado) I can have a complete list of everything I own for insurance purposes. if you are looking for a site so you can know what games you have a version of and whether or not you have beaten them then I would use backloggery its a great site for that sort of thing
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:48:12 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Flashback2012

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 01:05:00 pm »
Hi I just joined yesterday or the day before and have been adding to the database.  My first question what I am asking is, how many of you have play/played any Arcade compilations?

I own almost all of them for my PS2 and almost 200 of my games are not already here on site. My goal is to put all those games into my VG collection, and my final question is do you consider adding the arcade games found in your all in one disk collection to your VG collection?

If you just care about the games like i do than I highly recommend PS2 arcade compilations such as

Taito Legends 1 & 2 PS2
Midway Arcade Treasures vol (1) & (2) & (3) PS2
Capcom Classics Collections 1 and 2 PS2
Megaman Anniversary Collection PS2
Megaman X Collection
Intellivision Lives PS2
Activition Anthology PS2
Atari Anthology PS2
Sega Genesis Ultimate Collection PS3

:)

Wow...no mention of the Namco Museum series?  ???

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 01:54:36 pm »
I LOVE them. I pick them up whenever I come across them. It's a great value for your money.

I have so many, at this point, my post would just turn into a big list I put them here, so I won't.

My favorites have to be the Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1 & 2, and SNK Arcade Classics. So many fan-freaking-tastic games from those companies on those collections.

As for series specific ones, you can't go wrong with Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Mega Man X Collection, Metal Slug Anthology, and Legend of Zelda: Collector's Disc.

And for some out of the ordinary collections, The Pinball Hall of Fame Collections (Williams Collection and Gottileb Collection) are amazing digital recreations of real, classic pinball tables dating from the 50s to the 80s.

shepard11

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 04:31:24 pm »
Like many in this post, I own a lot of them and I try to pick them up whenever I see them. Especially if Capcom or SNK makes them.

tripredacus

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2017, 09:54:08 am »
My favorite is the Arcade's Greatest Hits on Saturn, moreso than the same release put on other platforms. One thing I really do not like about more modern comps is that they put a border or frame around the game. A false bezel.

tpugmire

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2017, 11:45:45 am »
Data East Arcade Classics for the Wii is a pretty good one too.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2018, 06:21:29 am »
I was just searching for a thread about compilations and I stumbled upon my vary first post on this site. For me nothing has changed I still won't input the arcade classics into the database. because I was told not to

I still love video game compilations and I always pick up compilation games when I come across a compilation that does not already include the games I have in a different compilation.

Among the ones I've listed in the original post I also have a pinball game compilation and "

SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1" for PS2 as well as Intellivision Lives and Namco Museum 30th anniversary collection :)

NO APPS NEEDED

sergreyjoy

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2018, 09:21:45 am »
The ones I own are mostly Arcade Fighting Games collection, like 'Art Of Fighting Anthology', 'The King Of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga' and 'Fatal Fury Battle Archive Volume 1'.

I'm a sucker for fighting games and this is the only way to get these games on console apart from some sub-par SNES ports.