Author Topic: How Would You Feel About Another Mario Basketball Game Release?  (Read 992 times)

There is only one here in america that is "Mario Hoops 3 on 3" on the DS and Gamecube. but if you are into Mario games or not. How would you feel about some other Mario basketball game? Also I have a question it is

Did "Mario Hoops 3 on 3" ever sell well? it looks more fun then NBA licensed games and as far as I know it is the only Mario style of basketball on the market. The internet does have a Japanese game like it though. what are you thoughts and thanks
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 03:49:52 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: How Would You Feel About Another Mario Basketball Game Release?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 10:50:48 am »
I believe mario sports mix has basketball in it too

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 12:21:59 pm »
I love all the Mario sports franchises but it does seem like they only very rarely do the basketball ones :D.   I'm extremely excited for Mario Tennis Aces this summer and any new sports games would be awesome for the switch library :) 

From what I remember 3 on 3 hoops didn't sell too great but was very critically acclaimed in the retro community.  My brother says it's one of his favorite games of all time.  :D

It seems like GameCube and Wii had the best sports fun to be had,  Wii U not so much :(
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 12:26:26 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

soera

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 02:21:19 pm »
The Wii U was crippled by the touchscreen. The 64, GameCube, and Wii were designed around multiple gaming. Sure you could do multiple players on the Wii U too but either everyone wanted that touchscreen or no one did. Just didn't work out the same.

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 01:37:34 pm »
Speaking as someone who was never really interested in Mario sports games before, the new Tennis game is looking so good I wouldn't mind them trying the concept again with anything else

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 04:47:36 pm »
I would  be interested the Nintendo sports games are usually great.

Flashback2012

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 06:36:06 pm »
Sure, why not?  ???

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 09:23:58 am »
If it's the Mario version of NBA Jam, I'm in.  I didn't like the Mario Hoops 3v3 for DS.  It wasn't fun.

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 10:41:35 am »
If it's the Mario version of NBA Jam, I'm in.  I didn't like the Mario Hoops 3v3 for DS.  It wasn't fun.
You mean NBA street?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 11:27:08 am »
You mean NBA street?

I'd love a game like NBA Street.  Mario was already in Volume 3 for the GameCube.  Bring that back