Author Topic: My New Gameroom/Podcasting Studio  (Read 2168 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

My New Gameroom/Podcasting Studio
« on: April 19, 2018, 10:30:44 am »
I thought I'd make a thread to show off the work I've been putting into this new space.  There's a ton of pictures coming.

I'm enjoying doing all of this.  I hope y'all kind of enjoy following the progress.

The quick link to the imgur album is right here My Building

If that's not for you, I'll put all the pictures on here.

Here's how this jewel was delivered. It was a one man operation. They have a dandy of a trailer that will move around in all directions.  It was insane.

That's just moving in one direction.

They had backed right up to where I wanted it unloaded.

He used this little buggy to lift on end of the building while the trailer held the other.

This gives you and idea of how they did it.

All set up.  Making sure it's plumb and square.

Insulation and some wiring is in.  I learned a lot about electrical stuff for this.

See?  There's my breaker box.  It's not wired up yet, but it's in there and looks important.

Sheetrock is up. 

Sheetrock is up and cleaned up.  This is starting to come together.

Mudding Sheetrock sucks.  It's an art.  I'm not good at it.

Because I'm not good at mudding, I had to do a lot of sanding.  A LOT of sanding.  This has been the worst part by far.

desocietas

Re: My New Gameroom/Podcasting Studio
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 11:38:31 am »
Huh, I didn't know a breaker box looked like that... uh, is it the same thing as a fuse box? the thing with all the switches? haha  :-[ ::) :-[

Wish I could've helped you with the sheetrock putty! I got used to doing that stuff in art school with building painting surfaces and such. What really helps with sanding is a power sander, some tunes, and a face mask. It's the worst if you have to do it with just hands and individual sheets of sandpaper.

Looks great, man! I'm proud of you and all that work you've put in already.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 11:46:44 am »
Huh, I didn't know a breaker box looked like that... uh, is it the same thing as a fuse box? the thing with all the switches? haha  :-[ ::) :-[

Wish I could've helped you with the sheetrock putty! I got used to doing that stuff in art school with building painting surfaces and such. What really helps with sanding is a power sander, some tunes, and a face mask. It's the worst if you have to do it with just hands and individual sheets of sandpaper.

Looks great, man! I'm proud of you and all that work you've put in already.

Thanks!
Yeah, the breakers are like a fuse except they don't burn out and have to be replaced if something overloads the circuit.  You just flip the switch back and your set. I don't have the breakers in the box yet, just a bunch of wires that are going to be hooked up by an electrician next Monday.   ;D

I wanted to get an electric sander, but couldn't justify it for such a small job.  I did need a mask though.  I've had more white boogers in my nose than Stevie Nicks.    ;)

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 01:28:34 pm »
I wanted to get an electric sander, but couldn't justify it for such a small job.  I did need a mask though.  I've had more white boogers in my nose than Stevie Nicks.    ;)

hahaha yeah totally understandable. We had them on hand since we had a small woodshop on campus, but that money could go towards buying other stuff! Checking on prices, I'm surprised those things aren't more expensive, but buying one tool for one job is a bit much sometimes.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 02:51:19 pm »
Super cool.  Not something I could do given there is no access to my backyard to place one of those things.  If I get it done, I have to have it built on site.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 03:08:34 pm »
Super cool.  Not something I could do given there is no access to my backyard to place one of those things.  If I get it done, I have to have it built on site.

I had to tear down part of my privacy fence to get it back there.  So, there was more time and effort to get that up and down in the same day.

If you are able, doing it on site would be cheaper.  I don't have those skills, so I had to buy one.  You pay for convenience.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:18:20 pm by turf »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 03:22:50 pm »
That's awesome.

rayne315

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 11:46:17 am »
are you hooking that bad boy up with heat and ac?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 12:20:43 pm »
are you hooking that bad boy up with heat and ac?

Window unit AC and a small electric fireplace heater.  I'm not fancy enough to put central heat and air in this thing.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 09:37:27 am »
A little more was done this weekend.  Priming, painting and outlets were done.  All that's left for now is floors and trim.  It was raining yesterday, so I didn't get to start on the floors.   :-(

Primer is up.  Things are looking better

Paint's starting to go up.  How do you feel about grey?

Rollin! Rollin! Rollin!   Get this paint a-coaintin' ... I'm and idiot

I've had a lot of help getting this done.  I couldn't do it with out this one!

Paint is finished!  Just need to touch up a few spots.  Those off-color spots are still wet.  It turned out looking good.

It's looking good so far.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 03:59:13 pm »
I finally started moving my stuff in today!  I’m so excited that this is done.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 07:48:00 pm »

that was a good one.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 07:51:58 pm »
looks really cool great idea

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 08:24:52 pm »
Do you already have a live internet streaming service for Podcasting Turf? or have you planed on using YouTube? or some kind of different way?
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 08:48:57 am »
Do you already have a live internet streaming service for Podcasting Turf? or have you planed on using YouTube? or some kind of different way?

We use google hangouts to record.  It puts it out there on youtube.  That's the only live streaming that we have.  Every episode is downloadable out there on just about any place you can download podcasts.  If you find a service that we're not on, let me know.  I'll get on it.