Author Topic: Do you prefer new games or retro games?  (Read 3373 times)

Do you prefer new games or retro games?
« on: May 20, 2018, 05:29:58 pm »
?

azure

Re: Do you prefer new games or retro games?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 05:37:04 pm »
Both of course. It's all gaming to me, what I love. I will say I do get an itch to play one or the other sometimes.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 06:02:45 pm »
I prefer good games.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 06:07:26 pm »
New, generally.  I occasionally jump back into old stuff if the mood hits, or through like repackaged versions like the Mega Man Legacy Collection.

telly

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 06:09:14 pm »
I'm mostly playing newer games, but it's partially because I don't have a lot of retro equipment. The SNES classic that I got for Christmas has been the first time that I've been playing more retro.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 06:28:05 pm »
I find it's a lot easier to filter out good games with newer stuff. When it comes to Retro games, I have to dodge all the "It's technically good but it's really unfair/tedious" sorts of games cause I'm not into that

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 06:52:52 pm »
I prefer retro but I play both regularly. Today it was a mixture of PS4 and Atari 2600. Hell if I wanted to I could play Atari ON my PS4.

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 07:47:32 pm »
Favorite would be 6th gen don't really know what the majority consensus is on if that is retro or not.  That being said I like both newer and older games.

scoobs22

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 08:38:13 pm »
I'm a total retro purist. The only disc-based system I use with any frequency is my PC Engine Duo, which I love dearly. Finally got a 3DO not too long ago, but I'm pretty unimpressed and probably going to sell it.

The newest systems I own are N64 and PS1, and I don't even leave them hooked up because I just don't enjoy them. Of course it's all preference, but I just really love gaming pre-3D and whatnot. So much creativity in the games, and game music before CD-based systems just really hits me in the right place.

And truly, I'm afraid to get into newer games because there are still SO MANY retro games I want to play through that I may never get through them all. Gotta prioritize!

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 11:34:26 pm »
I love both, but I think I prefer retro games by a hair.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 12:02:06 am »
I thoroughly enjoy both, but I think I'm gonna have to pick new games. It's pretty simple: I don't have a lot of patience for repetition in games. Nothing will annoy me & make me shut a game off faster than having to repeat the same section of play becuase there's one jump/attack/enemy I mess up on. The longer the section to replay, the more annoying it can be.

Obviously, retro games are far worse at this then newer ones. Typically I only play for an hour or two tops before I hit a difficult part, get frustrated, lose all my lives & have to start the game over- or rather turn it off. New games (starting around PS1 era) offer more saving options, so I don't lose so much ground if I start dying.

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 04:47:26 am »
I thoroughly enjoy both, but I think I'm gonna have to pick new games. It's pretty simple: I don't have a lot of patience for repetition in games. Nothing will annoy me & make me shut a game off faster than having to repeat the same section of play becuase there's one jump/attack/enemy I mess up on. The longer the section to replay, the more annoying it can be.

Obviously, retro games are far worse at this then newer ones. Typically I only play for an hour or two tops before I hit a difficult part, get frustrated, lose all my lives & have to start the game over- or rather turn it off. New games (starting around PS1 era) offer more saving options, so I don't lose so much ground if I start dying.

I prefer retro but I know that most retro games are vary unfair and most of them, don't let you breeze through them in one days play through.  Due to how difficult they can become

The thing with retro games that lacks in modern games is the fact that chances are you won't finish the game right away. but that is slowly changing I think. even though, I am not a modern gamer yet. I think modern companies are slowly realizing on how short people play through their new game so I think modern gaming companies are starting to make games longer.

for some reason I have to say a lot of Atari games are not stressful as most of the NES and Super Nintendo games are
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:49:14 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 06:11:11 am »
I like both but prefer online games. Esp I love playing League of Legends. Though very few countries block the game, many private networks in offices and educational institutions do. So I have to use proxy server https://buy.fineproxy.org/eng/ . With streaming, downloading, and online gaming it works well and doesn't slow down gameplay.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:15:07 am by muntyjack »

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2018, 07:59:02 am »
Depends on what you call new games and retro games.

A good majority of my favorite game are from the 5th to current gen, but the main reason why is also because I haven't played that many games from generations before.
At the end of the day I don't really care tbh, if the game is good then that's what matters to me.

kashell

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2018, 07:59:44 am »
I jump around from eras and consoles all the time. So, both. I guess.