Author Topic: Do you prefer new games or retro games?  (Read 3447 times)

pizzasafari

Re: Do you prefer new games or retro games?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2018, 08:03:15 am »
Depends what you mean by retro. I was a PS1 boy and didn't play anything older until much much later so I find anything older (except SNES) pretty hard to get into.

Other than that I don't really care, a good game is a good game. I've got favourite games from all across the generations. Though some older games have aged pretty badly.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2018, 10:32:23 am »
Either or, doesn't matter if the game is good.

tripredacus

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 10:46:45 am »
What about people who like new retro games, such as Tempest 4000 or New Super Mario Bros Wii?

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2018, 11:13:04 am »
for some reason I have to say a lot of Atari games are not stressful as most of the NES and Super Nintendo games are

Agreed- it's the arcade style gameplay thing. Basically, if you can live about 5 minutes you've probably experienced all the game has to offer & you're just going for a high score. Knowing there isn't content lurking behind a skill wall makes it so much easier to relax & enjoy what the game has to offer.

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2018, 05:41:07 pm »
What about people who like new retro games, such as Tempest 4000 or New Super Mario Bros Wii?

Anyone ever hear of PONG or Space Invaders for PlayStation 1?  Probably I am guessing you didn't except for the 150 or so people who own PONG and 65 who own Space Invaders. or is listed in their VG collection
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 05:46:46 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2018, 05:47:39 pm »
Both. Games are games, they are what they are. Age doesn't matter.

I'm more concerned with time investments than age of a game. Too many games too little time.

scoobs22

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 05:59:25 pm »
Too many games too little time.

Boy oh boy you said a mouthful.

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2018, 06:24:37 pm »

Anyone ever hear of PONG or Space Invaders for PlayStation 1?  Probably I am guessing you didn't except for the 150 or so people who own PONG and 65 who own Space Invaders. or is listed in their VG collection
They are really cheap/common games that I see quite often I just haven't seen them for like 1$ so I haven't picked them up.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2018, 06:32:20 pm »
about 50/50 for me

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2018, 10:10:30 am »
Newer games hands down. Retro games only have the nostalgia factor especially since you have indie developers making retro style games that are better made than the old ones.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2018, 10:16:14 am »
I just like games.
A good game is a good game.  It doesn't matter when it came out. Fun doesn't have an expiration date.

With that said, I play more of the older games just for time sake.  I don't have hours and hours to dedicate to a new game.  I need something I can play in 30 minutes.

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2018, 04:07:29 am »
I prefer new games, esp I'm fond of online games like League of Legends. Main advantages are:
-Free to play
-The characters and lore are great (Koggles is my favorite char)
-Good developers
-New champs released each month
-Competitive
-Easier to get into
I also use https://dreamteam.gg/lol/players  platform to search new players and create my own team for a next champion. Anyway I like such kind of games.