Author Topic: Favorite Games  (Read 2202 times)

ferraroso

Re: Favorite Games
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 12:34:21 pm »
My favorite game of all time is, by far, the original Metal Gear Solid on the PS1.

Other than that, I'd say (in no specific order):
Rockman X4
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Duke Nukem 3D
Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
Ikaruga
GoldenEye 007
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Streets of Rage II
Final Fantasy VII
The King of Fighters '98

kypherion

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 04:28:14 pm »
Nice choices, all really intriguing picks. I'd have to say a couple of my favorites in no particular order are:

Castlevania SOTN
Devil May Cry 1
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Golden Axe
Legend of Zelda: A link to the past (yes, i had four swords version)
Contra Advance: The alien wars EX
The super mario advance games (GBA)
Original Mario Bros (I had the deluxe cartridge)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Mario 64
Legendary Starfy
Serious Sam: The second encounter
Castle Crashers
DOOM 1,2, and 2016
Unreal Tournament 99'
Final Fantasy 7
Sonic and the secret rings (I never said I liked good games XD)

And to top it off, one of my top games, Trauma Center: Second Opinion
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2018, 01:08:18 pm »
I've been replaying all of my favorite games off all time this year, as well as some I've played that I felt were contenders to be in my top 10 games. Here is my old top 10 games of all time:

1. Shenmue and Shenmue 2
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. Final Fantasy VII
5. Half Life 2
6. Super Mario 64
7. Zone of the Enders
8. Resident Evil (2002 remake)
9. Marvel vs Capcom 2
10. Perfect Dark

And here is my current, new Top 10 Games of All Time list:

1. Shenmue and Shenmue 2
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. Doom (2016)
5. Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
6. Half Life 2
7. Radiant Silvergun
8. Resident Evil (2002 remake)
9. Super Mario 64
10. Marvel vs Capcom 2

As you can see my top 3 slots stayed the same. Breath of the Wild is obviously a recent addition however I was certain before I started replaying my old favorite games that I liked it more than Ocarina of Time, meaning it became my 2nd favorite game of all time.

As you can see Final Fantasy VII is nowhere to be found in my new top 10. FF7 was my introduction into RPGs when I first played it around 2000, and it left a lasting impression on me at the time. Sadly, I am not nearly as into JRPGs as much I used to be, which definitely showed while I was replaying FF7 this year. I still do like FF7, but I just don't enjoy it nearly as much as I used to.

Super Mario 64 got bumped down quite a bit due to it just not having the challenge it once it, in fact its pretty damn easy. That's not to say it isn't enjoyable, fun, and ver nostalgic for me, but it has some stiff competition which have trumped it over the years.

Zone of the Enders was another game that fell off my list. Like Final Fantasy VII, when I first played Zone of the Enders I was in a different phase of my life with different interests. More specifically I was way more into anime and anime-themed games at the time Zone of the Enders first came out which really added to my enjoyment of this game. The gameplay and action still hold up for the most part, but I've just played so many better games that it unfortunately was bumped off the list.

Perfect Dark also fell off my top 10, which is less surprising considering it topped off the list. What was surprising, however, is that I found myself somewhat bored with this games generic scifi story and too many where the hell do I go moments. I didn't dislike Perfect Dark, but I didn't like it nearly as much as I used to.

Regarding the three new games other than Breath of the Wild that broke into my top 10, Doom 2016 was a complete surprise to me with how amazing it is. I've never played a game where the action was so intense and gameplay so fast paced where I actually forgot to blink. Combine this with it's amazing graphics and incredible soundtrack and it pretty much became impossible for this game not to make it in my top 10. Mario Kart 8 was similar to Doom in that I was completely taken by surprise by how amazing of a game it is, and have played it for hundreds of hours with no signs of me getting tired with it or bored. It's buy far the best racing game I've ever played and one of the more entertaining games as well. Radiant Silvergun, was a game that skated the edge of my old top 10, probably being #11 or #12, but it has held up so well for me and i enjoy it so much that it ended up making it in and also jumping to #7 due to some changed feelings I had about certain other games mentioned above.

So there it is, my new Top 10 Video Games of All Time list!!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:10:02 pm by bikingjahuty »

shfan

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2018, 02:14:41 pm »
My top 3 so far would be:

1) BioShock/BioShock 2 (360)
2) Wonder Boy in Monster World (MD)
3) Project Zero 2 (PS2/Xbox)

The other 17 to make a top 20 (in no order) are:

Dead Space (360)
D/Generation (PC)
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii/PS4)
This War of Mine: The Little Ones (PS4)
Mount & Blade: Warband (PS4)
Parasite Eve II (PS1)
Silent Hill 2 (PS2/Xbox)
Chaos Legion (PS2)
Haunting Ground (PS2)
Beautiful Katamari (360)
Gregory Horror Show (PS2)
Dark Souls series (PS4)
Wonderboy III: The Dragon's Trap (MS/PS4)
Mario Galaxy/2 (Wii)
Streets of Rage 2 (MD)
Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

wolfen

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2018, 11:36:42 am »
My favorite games are usually games I can pick up at anytime and still have fun with them.

My ultimate favorite is and forever will be Wind Waker HD so I will leave it out so I can list others. Everything else after that is just a slight tier below it.

Top 10 unordered
Super Mario Odyssey
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Skyrim
Sonic Mega Collection (If I gotta be specific, Sonic 3 & Knuckles)
Zelda: Breath of The Wild
Super Mario Galaxy
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth +
God of War 2018
Pikmin 2
Yoshi's Whooly World