Author Topic: Conecting a NES Classic Edition to a CRT  (Read 1577 times)

Conecting a NES Classic Edition to a CRT
« on: May 26, 2018, 04:30:10 am »
My mom gave me a little CRT that I think would be fun to hook up my NES Classic to. Is there a way to do this? I don't have a lot of experience with CRTs some I have no idea if this is even possible.

Re: Conecting a NES Classic Edition to a CRT
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 05:08:31 am »
Sorry but you need an "HDMI plug or  HDMI to RCA"  converter to do this

Old CRT's do not have a way to hook HDMI cords directly. And unfortunately in my case that is why I don't own An NES Classic Edition. Or the SNES Classic edition. Because the only freaking way, to hook modern consoles or those two plug and play units is HDMI and it sucks big time.

I heard  that those HDMI to RCA converters are crappy.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:10:53 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 07:03:43 am »
Well that's a shame. But at least a have a few other consoles that hook up just fine to the little guy so that CRT will get some use, and perhaps I will try a converter down the road. Thanks for the help!

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 09:41:18 am »
i don't see why you would even want to do this. ._.

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 11:20:08 am »
You need an HDMI to composite / component converter (depending on what your TV accepts) and then you'd need to set the video output on the NES Classic to 16:9 to fill the entire screen, otherwise your image will be squashed and have black bars on the side, unless you have an HDCRT which do accept HDMI but are insanely uncommon.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."