Author Topic: What is the best thing you added to your collection in the last year?  (Read 2184 times)

Mine was Sly Raccoon (PS2), purchased for £1 from a charity store.

This is being sold by a store that deals in old games for £12 here = https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=711719431329&sku=711719431329

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 02:19:23 pm by seether »

A Gamecube and an Xbox360 and a Wii. my sister unloaded maybe about 50 or more games all for a total of $300. I offered $100 a month. and she accepted the offer

Well worth $300 in my opinion because the consoles and most of the games are like new. all the hookups and controllers all came with this deal and these 50 more games I got are worth more then what I payed for them :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 04:16:00 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Clocktower 1 and 2 for like 1.50 each

I've added a lot of really good SHMUPs this last year.

GameCube NR Reader

aliensstudios

I'd say my PC Engine console that was region modded for Turbo Grafx 16 and PC Engine compatibility. I can finally play the TG16 games I picked up over a year ago.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

Since we are past the Switch release within the past year, I'd probably say the big box Command & Conquer Red Alert and Tiberian Sun I got from a friend.  Those were some classics from my early PC days at the beginning of 2000's.  Big box PC stuff look great and they were fortunately pretty cheap.

ferraroso

Last year like... in the last 12 months or in the previous fiscal year of 2017? Haha.

Anyway, it was probably my The King of Fighter's '98 for the Neo Geo AES.
It is far from being one of the most expensive games out there (especially considering the Neo Geo), but it is my favorite fighting game ever and one of my top 5 games overall and finally having it in the collection is like having a dream coming true.

sworddude

I'd say my cib Hagane for snes in excellent shape
Your Stylish Sword Master!

My favorite has to be the Indiebox Stanely Parable Collectors edition, got it for a good price at $40. Love the game and wanted something physical. Other Highlights would include a PS Vita, and the Sonic Mania Collector's edition.

megasilverx1

In terms of value: I found Mega Man 7 at a thrift store back in October; it was legit and still had a nice looking label.

However, in terms of the favorite thing I added to my collection over the last year, it'd have to be a complete copy of my favorite video game: Dragon Quest V for the Super Famicom with both official player's guide books.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:22:59 am by megasilverx1 »

Well, we're still within a year of the week last summer when I managed to buy an Xbox One S, a Switch, and a New 3DS XL within a few days of each other. So, maybe that?

Actually, no- I'm gonna go with new AV equipment. My old HDMI switcher was finicky, my old composite converter was slow to connect & had muddy colors. I didn't realize how badly I needed new ones until after I got them. Games & consoles are fun, but don't underestimate the importance of a good tv connection!

kashell

Burning Rangers, I guess.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

This would be the most valuable game I got last year, thanks to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, a real gem to play, too:

But the most useful item I've gotten in the last year is my recently acquired Sony PSP 2000, just because it's quite useful during downtimes at my work. And I've played through all of my 3DS/GBA stuff.

kypherion

Past year from 2018 january to now? Probably my Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary collection (complete). In the past year from May 2017 to May 2018, that would have to be my japanese copy of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure on the PS1 or even my complete boxed Super Mario 64 japanese copy.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"