Author Topic: General Play Tips For Any Video Game Genre?  (Read 991 times)

General Play Tips For Any Video Game Genre?
« on: May 26, 2018, 05:03:14 pm »
What are some tips you could offer for playing video games in general?

this can include any genre. I would like to stick to genres because everyone has different games in their collections. Here are some of the things to mention in your posts you can provide a below average retro or modern gamer

1: Your experience with a genre how you beat them (example) "beat em ups" or "shoot em ups" (etc)
2: How you defeat most video game bosses in defined genres?
3: What you should try to avoid doing in a defined genre or style of game.

My tips first person shooters both console and PC

First Person Shooters
1: Try not to stand still. keep moving in all possible directions while fighting off enemies
2: Learn to move from side to side and backwards and forwards while shooting and aiming
3: Reload often after clearing out a bunch of enemies on all modern FPS games were reloading your gun is necessary

4: Duck behind an obstacle then reload
5: Keep low and use the crouch feature often especially if you don't know what your up against.

6: Shoot the gun in the direction of the enemy even if you don't hit them when the game is being cheap.
8: sometimes you can use the sound effects to find hidden enemies.
9: shoot through plants or even walls on some FPS games.
10: look in hidden areas or explore levels  to find special power-ups such as health and ammo upgrades or even better weapons.
11: pick up ammo from fallen enemies and use their guns when you can't find enough ammo for your own guns.
12: Learn to take risks and go guns blazing when the game starts to get hard.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 05:24:37 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: General Play Tips For A Below Average Gamer?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 06:07:28 pm »
Get good

stealthrush

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 06:24:45 pm »
Fighters

1: Been playing fighting games since I was a young kid with a plastic box to stand up on at the arcades. Understanding what individual buttons do, the allocated spacing to perform then in, special/super attacks, and eventually what button combinations exist.

2: By losing multiple times, since majority of fighters originated from arcades- bosses were designed over powered (cheap) gimmicky to take more coins from you. Eventually you'll defeat the POS :]

3: Excessively jumping. In most (2D) fighting games jumping is taking a much larger risk allowing your opponent to have more options to block, avoid, or set-up a counter attack.

My tips for 2D fighting games

1: Start slow, work with your individual buttons (punches, kicks) use them in a match to win, avoid button-mashing.
2: Initially play the game with mindset you will most likely lose, when you lose a match you end up learning what didn't work in that instance.
3: Since most fighting games are 1v1, take your losses with full responsibility and do not make excuses for your loses.
4: Stick with learning 1 to 2 characters understanding their moves to the fullest.
5: Eventually play every character casually to get feel for them.
6: Study your opponents (if playing against another person) bad habits, punish them the next round they attempt it.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 10:20:31 pm »
Can someone offer tips on more games? A lot of you have a lot of experience in RPG's Platformers and other types of games I thought I'd give this thread another go since, it different then most types of gaming threads Me and others have both created.

Fighters

1: Been playing fighting games since I was a young kid with a plastic box to stand up on at the arcades. Understanding what individual buttons do, the allocated spacing to perform then in, special/super attacks, and eventually what button combinations exist.

2: By losing multiple times, since majority of fighters originated from arcades- bosses were designed over powered (cheap) gimmicky to take more coins from you. Eventually you'll defeat the POS :]

3: Excessively jumping. In most (2D) fighting games jumping is taking a much larger risk allowing your opponent to have more options to block, avoid, or set-up a counter attack.

My tips for 2D fighting games

1: Start slow, work with your individual buttons (punches, kicks) use them in a match to win, avoid button-mashing.
2: Initially play the game with mindset you will most likely lose, when you lose a match you end up learning what didn't work in that instance.
3: Since most fighting games are 1v1, take your losses with full responsibility and do not make excuses for your loses.
4: Stick with learning 1 to 2 characters understanding their moves to the fullest.
5: Eventually play every character casually to get feel for them.
6: Study your opponents (if playing against another person) bad habits, punish them the next round they attempt it.

sorry I'm a bit late but this is some great tips for the fighting genre :)

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: General Play Tips For Any Video Game Genre?
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 05:45:57 am »
HOCKEY AND BASKETBALL 6TH CONSOLE GENERATION AND PC ERA

My tips for most 6th console or PC (EA Sports Hockey Games)

when you play the games like NHL 2004 on a harder difficulty or playing a harder CPU team opponent you need to learn how to adjust your coaching strategy in the team options menu by doing that you can adjust the position of the skaters on the ice that you are not currently controlling, for example. the right strategy is key for the CPU to align your men just right or else you'll end up in a mess playing harder then you need to be playing.  Before I learned how to change the strategy in NHL 2002, I had sweat pouring down the game was so difficult and it still is, but you can make playing hockey a whole lot more fun if you just change your teams default coaching strategy

you can access this during a game by pausing and going into different team settings, it's important to know how to use these play, by plays, It'f not hard to understand unlike the madden games were. start by selecting Consertive and Defend Lead in your quick plays also good to use the Contain Puck and Protect Net Settings

OLD POST
(TIPS)
If your new to sports video games like basketball or hockey you need to know the following

1: Some of the EA SPORTS basketball games you need to set the options to auto shot aim to actually score. the shot aim is usually set for manual by default and it is vary hard to score a basket on manual shot aim on the late 1990'a and 2000's basketball video games,

2: On EA SPORTS Hockey NHL you may need to go into a deep team options panel and change the team strategy in order to win. NHL 99 for the Nintendo 64. Makes this easier by simply hitting the left OR right yellow arrow buttons. Then selecting a new strategy on the fly. But most NHL games require learning the coaching strategy, I have most of the coaching strategy memorized for the NHL games.

On NHL 2001, NHL 2002 and maybe NHL 2003 let you set the strategy to auto to make this easier, but the later year ones require you to change this at least every 2 games or so depending on your difficulty settings.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 05:57:51 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED