Author Topic: www.kashelltriumph.com  (Read 6080 times)

kashell

www.kashelltriumph.com
« on: July 09, 2018, 03:12:19 pm »
I'm super excited to announce that I finally took the plunge and started my own website to house all of my old game reviews, and a place where I can start adding new ones.

I've wanted to do this for a while. The thought started when GameFAQs (where I used to contribute) implemented a policy where unregistered users could leave anonymous feedback for any contribution. GameFAQs already has a bad reputation for being a shitty website because of the users. This feature allowed people to say whatever they wanted without even having to sign up for an account. 

I got closer and closer to taking the dive when the site decided to do away with a numeric rating system. The new system they use, which is represented by pixel hearts, looks ridiculous. I think it makes reviews hard to gauge.

The final straw was when they decided to alter contributor recognition. I never did and never will write game reviews for fame and glory, but their alterations felt like a real punch in the gut. Making contributions to them feels like a waste a time.

Just a few things if you decide to check out the site:

The first thing is that not all of my reviews from GameFAQs have been transferred. I didn't see a need to re-share my opinion on something like Karaoke Revolution or Virtua Fighter 4. One of the goals of my site is to capture my taste as a gamer. Reviews that I wrote just to fill up my review count don't need to be re-shared.

The second thing is that many of the reviews have an "author's note" at the top. I started writing these in 2002. My writing from 2002 is, thankfully, nothing like the writing of today. Other than adding an overall score, I chose to make zero changes to my reviews because I feel like they're good indicators of how my writing style has changed over the years. Many of them have more cringe than an old Live Journal post, but I wanted to retain as much authenticity as possible. I can't emphasize how embarrassing some of them are, but I'm happy to remain embarrassed if it means I can share my opinion on something I'm passionate about.

The third thing is that the I'm open to constructive feedback. I love how my site looks. I wanted something functional and easy to use/navigate. But, I'm always looking to improve. The person who helped me design this website is a friend of mine on the PSN, so I can get in touch with him easily if there's something that needs immediate fixing that's out of my scope.

The fourth thing is that I'm not looking to make any sort of profit from this. I've done this since 2002 because I love it. Gaming is a passion, and writing about them after I finish them is a cathartic, pleasant process that lets me turn my thoughts into something tangible.

Finally, enjoy! I'm thrilled that I finally have a site to call my own.

www.kashelltriumph.com

Re: www.kashelltriumph.com
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 03:55:53 pm »
Thanks for the heads up, I added your website to my favorites list :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 04:17:17 pm »
Wow. You actually have a lot of reviews.

pizzasafari

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 09:41:18 pm »
Man, I'd love to have a site like that to write freeform reviews of games on. Totally get what you mean about writing about it being cathartic. Hope it goes well for you. Looks like you've got a lot of good content already.

kypherion

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 04:34:36 am »
Looks really good. I get the main part is reviews, but the site is nice too. Easy to navigate, and by the god the color scheme is nice. It doesn't assault your eyes or distract from the info. Good job. Looking forward to what you write.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

kashell

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 08:45:09 am »
Thanks y'all! ^.^

My first review is up there for the site. South Park: The Stick of Truth.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 11:32:53 am by kashell »

azure

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 08:28:06 pm »
Looks good Kash, will have to keep track of it 8)

kashell

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 08:55:34 am »
Thank you; hope you enjoy.

zappman

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 09:08:20 am »
The site and reviews look great 10/10  8)

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 12:58:20 pm »
Looks great, Kash! I'm so proud of you!

Admittedly, I'm the sort who prefers to skip to the last paragraph or two of a review so that I don't get any story spoilers and get to the heart of the opinion. Looks like you've got that part covered, so I'm happy *thumbs up*
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 05:48:45 pm »
a question about its use. is the idea just a personal review website or is the idea to bring other people in to add additional reviews?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 07:39:41 am »
I'm not sure what you mean?

rayne315

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 09:58:17 am »
do you intend for the site to be entirely your reviews or do you see it as a site that can hold other peoples reviews as well.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 11:04:35 am »
Ah. This is a site for my reviews. A place to hold all of my old ones and a place where I can start adding new ones.