Author Topic: Is the ultimate goal for you getting full sets of games?  (Read 1639 times)

Is the ultimate goal for you getting full sets of games?
« on: June 01, 2018, 08:36:10 am »
Or are you more selective?

I just want the sought after games.

Re: Is the ultimate goal for you getting full sets of games?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 08:54:43 am »
The only full set I've ever entertained going for is a US Dreamcast set. When I started running across the super common and cheap sports titles for like a buck each and finding it hard to justify even that much for them I knew that a full set really was not for me. I've never been one to go for full sets for this reason. I'm a firm believer that every console has a few really good games, but also every console has mountains of shovelware, outdated sports titles, or just garbage that I'm surprised anyone could justify owning.

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 09:15:33 am »
I have a goal to get the Master Set of US released Genesis games, for other platforms it is just whatever.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 10:46:15 am »
Not for me but I do keep everything I don't have.

azure

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 11:31:16 am »
Certainly not the goal for me. I just like to collect the games that interest me and I'd like to play.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 12:03:21 pm »
It used to be. Then, reality set in. It’s not happening for anything other than virtual boy for me

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 12:12:54 pm »
It used to be. Then, reality set in. It’s not happening for anything other than virtual boy for me

It seems that people have some grand expectations or perhaps their goals are too lofty, and then end up quiting. When I decided to do the Genesis set, I had no end goal for when it would be done. It may take never. I only have loose yearly goals, for this year I had wanted to get 50 games for the set, nothing huge, so far I've got 20.

kypherion

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 12:39:14 pm »
I mean if by sets you mean all the games for a certain console then nah, I can't do that. By sets of games if you mean series then sure, I'm down for getting whatever it takes to complete a series of games (i.e. DMC, Castevania, maybe Pokemon)
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 12:48:59 pm »
I only want what I'll play, unless the system's library is so ridiculously small it's worth trying for just becuase. We're talking really, REALLY small though- right now the only ones I'm considering are the Pokémon Mini and the Channel F. Maybe the Microvision once the screen replacements roll in.

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 01:20:19 pm »
Just for the Xbox 360. The rest of the systems are mainly when I see something neat to add to the collection.

I will admit though that my collecting for the system has slowed down immensely, as out of what's left to get, over half those games are either sports/kinect/music titles or ones I already own for the One.

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 12:21:13 am »
Nope, i'll only buy what i'll play.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 03:58:43 pm »
n64 need about 5
nes under 50 unless you include unofficial games then its about 80
Snes about 140
GameCube under 50
Xbox360 about 50
Dreamcast is under 50
Saturn under100
If I could complete these sets it would be cool but if I don't I'm fine with it
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 04:39:20 pm by wartoy »

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 06:22:40 pm »
You might as well forget getting all the games for most any console, with more and more collectors going for full sets their will eventually be nothing left for new retro collectors to buy and actually own. I'm sure by as of today it's probably impossible to find some titles that are the most rare and sought after. More people are buying to keep.

Lets say if there is 100,000 collectors going for full sets or have a full set already what if each of those collectors owned an ultra rare game that only 100,000 copies were ever produced. SO many games and a lot of forgotten ones. Id say if you can fork over $1000 for one game to complete your collection nobody is stopping you
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 08:20:05 pm »
Completed my OG Xbox last year and I am currently about 7 games away from completing the N64 collection. I have my sights set on completing the Odyssey 2 and Atari 7800 sets next, but since those are small I'm adding the extra challenge of getting everything CIB. About half done with both of them.

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 02:27:25 am »
Nah, I absolutely hate any collecting goal that requires me to put crap in my collection. I wouldn't be proud to say I have hundreds of terrible games just because they all come together

Besides, I tend to focus on nintendo stuff, and can you imagine trying to get a complete set for something like the DS or wii? I shiver at the thought.