Author Topic: First game(s)  (Read 2835 times)

kypherion

First game(s)
« on: June 01, 2018, 01:34:43 pm »
First game(s) you played? What did you guys start off with?
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

Re: First game(s)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 01:47:23 pm »
I apparently started playing on an Atari 2600 but that's just something my older brothers told me and i can't remember anything about it, my first memories of me playing is on the Vectrex with Clean Sweep, Armor Attack and Star Ship when i was four or five years old.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 02:05:44 pm »
Arcade machines and my older sister's Atari 2600 (a whole lot of Burgertime on that).

But I didn't really "fall in love" with gaming until the NES. And it was Super Mario Bros. that did it.

stealthrush

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 02:53:09 pm »
[PC] F. Godmother, Was one of the very first video game I've played as a small child, being the first floppy disk game I've played on MS-DOS.

[NES] Bubble Bobble, First console game I've played along side Blaster Master and Mega Man 2 my parents rented at the local video store.

[Arcade] Street Fighter II, At the local convientat store next to World Heroes.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 03:04:57 pm »
Friend of the family gave us a NES and games in 1990 for some reason, so my first games were Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, and Legend of Zelda. 

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 04:19:34 pm »
I’m pretty sure the first video game of any kind I played was a Space Invaders arcade game near the customer service counter of the local Sears. I must have been 4 or 5.

rayne315

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 04:25:38 pm »
the first game I ever played was super Mario bros 3 but I was way too young to remember that. I first played it somewhere between 2.5-3 years of age. my first ever game I actually remember playing was super Mario world on the SNES though and that was around age 3-3.5. my first rpg was FF3 (FF6) and I played that on and off from age 4-8 (I just wanted to fight the monsters when I started so I never really made it far) at around 7 I finally made it to the second half of the game and It made one heck of an impression on me then. I remember almost immediately restarting and focusing entirely on the story. made it much harder for me because I was way over leveled at the first point and under leveled my next play through but I still managed to beat it all the way through.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 04:39:24 pm »
Bubble Bobble arcade

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 06:14:18 pm »
The first game I ever played was Alien Crush on the Tubrografx 16. I was like 4 maybe 5 years old and I would play it at my sitters house. She had a son who was in his late 20s who unfortunately didn't get out much due to some health issues he had. So with being stuck in a house all the time he became quite the game collector and this was the first game he introduced me too. I played it as much as I could when I was over. As for the Second game, I spent a lot of my summers in my younger years at my grandfather printing shop, Exciting I know. Anyway there was this graphic designer that work there who was fond of PC games and he introduced me to Wolfenstein 3D, as well as some RTS the I don't really remember anything about. I played Wolfenstein 3D a lot more!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 07:08:14 pm »
Combat and adventure on Atari 2600

ferraroso

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 07:18:20 pm »
I don't remember what was the first game I ever played (definitely something on an Atari 2600), but I do remember the first one I owned: Alex Kidd in Miracle World for the Master System.
Up to this day, I still love playing it whenever I have some free time and the Master System continues being my favorite console of all time!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 07:19:54 pm by ferraroso »

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 08:11:26 pm »
First games I remember playing at home were on the 2600. Combat, Adventure, Video Olympics, Demons to Diamonds.

First arcade games were probably Jungle Hunt, Moon Patrol, Donkey Kong etc.

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 09:06:07 pm »
Not really sure but I have early memories of Pokemon on the GB/GBC SoulCaliber Goldeneye 007 and Super Smash Bros

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 12:23:18 am »
I can't say what was my very first game because I was really young, but it was between the DKC trilogy, Super Mario All Stars, Soccer on SNES, NBA Jam (pretty sure it wasn't another basketball game but it might be) and a racing SNES that i don't remember the name of.

brazbit

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 12:36:54 am »
Night Driver on VCS was the first game I ever played. I remember being fascinated with the idea of controlling something on the television.

The VCS was a friend of the family's we only had a pong system at the time and my dad would only bring that out very rarely, I can't remember ever playing it until I was much older. We eventually got an Odyssey 2 and that was a lot of fun, especially after getting The Voice for it. Eventually we ended up also buying the Atari off the family friend (with about 70 games and a bunch of controllers).