Author Topic: Smash Bros 2018 Brainstorm  (Read 2931 times)

sworddude

Re: Smash Bros 2018 Brainstorm
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2018, 08:26:33 pm »
I hope cloud, snake and wolf will return

No real expectations but I do hope captain falcon will stay he came kinda late to the party last time might have been ditched with a bit of bad luck. I also hope ganons move set will stay the same  8)

Bayonetta can leave though not missing any of that didn't really fit in smash as a character but will proabably still be in it  :P

Pacman, rob and duck hunt may also leave the building if I were a smash dev.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 09:37:24 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Flashback2012

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 09:55:37 am »
As long as Cloud and Bayonetta are absent, I'll be pleased with whatever.

I didn't get the WiiU DLC.  Bayonetta needs to be there at least so I can try that out.

Is it even possible to still get them or did Nintendo just shut down the VC stuff?  :-\

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2018, 08:03:51 pm »
I just really hope it's an actual new game and not just another Wii U port. Switch is getting bogged down with ports (cop outs) and we deserve a new game when we pay new game prices not a 5 year old game with some characters sprinked on top.  I have the Wii U version already.  It was cool at first to relive the games but when it means they aren't actually focusing on any good new switch stuff and just doing only recycling with some indie stuff thrown in it kinda bums me out :( 

With that said, here are some characters i'd love to see :)

Master Hand

Tony Soprano

Wario

Greninja

Bowser Jr

BOTW Link and Princess Zelda

Guardian

Godzilla

Daisy

Chung Li

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2018, 11:54:14 am »
Well for one thing, I kinda resent the whole "ports clog the library" argument since it's really not the case, they're  never made by the main studios. I think the reason there's been less games this year is more as a result of burnout from all the stuff we got in 2017.

I think, with lots of circumstantial evidence (the developers outright stating its in development for years in particular) we can guess that it won't be a port, but rather a Majora's Mask type sequel. Same engine, same basic gameplay, with new content as the main focus.

aliensstudios

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 01:23:11 pm »
Well for one thing, I kinda resent the whole "ports clog the library" argument since it's really not the case, they're  never made by the main studios. I think the reason there's been less games this year is more as a result of burnout from all the stuff we got in 2017.

I think, with lots of circumstantial evidence (the developers outright stating its in development for years in particular) we can guess that it won't be a port, but rather a Majora's Mask type sequel. Same engine, same basic gameplay, with new content as the main focus.

Honestly what I'm hoping for. Smash Wii U's models look great, the gameplay is great, awesome roster of fighters. All it really needs is a few more modes, stages and fighters to satiate myself.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2018, 11:11:50 pm »
With about a week to go till we get the full Smash reveal, I thought it could be fun to put together a roster we would like to see.  This isn't just about a couple new characters or returns you want, put together what you feel would be a solid list.  Doesn't need to be 100% accurate or sensible, but like, certain characters are guaranteed to be there like Kirby, Yoshi, Mario, Samus, etc lol

For mine, I made deep cuts, removed characters I didn't care about, and this would be the main roster too, not counting stuff that could be DLC, this would be at launch.  And I couldn't make it look good with certain characters, but characters like Zelda and Samus could have Sheik and Zero Suit be abilities, and Inkling, Spring Man, Robin, Ness, etc, would have their alternate genders or could have cut characters be their alternates.  Rex would also have a Mythra alternate and a third form alternate.

And you don't have to make a big 'ole picture like I did, I just like to spend time photoshop'ing things lol I might go back and add a few more characters I cut just to fill the roster out more, but I like this leaner roster with a nice handful of new characters, all of which are very feasible.  Thinking of doing a post-game DLC selection too...

*EDIT* Added a few more new characters, a couple of which make sense, and a returning Snake who could change from Solid Snake, to Naked Snake, to Old Snake, and to Venom Snake.  Want to think of another good villain or two to add as now its lacking in those.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 11:28:47 pm by kamikazekeeg »

soera

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2018, 12:15:55 am »
 … what is it about the Smash series that people like? I found the fight style and everything so random and unpredictable that it is simply unplayable for me.

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2018, 12:30:18 am »
… what is it about the Smash series that people like? I found the fight style and everything so random and unpredictable that it is simply unplayable for me.

It's a good action multiplayer game that combines many of peoples favorite video game characters? I've only ever played it casually with the first game and Smash 4, but it's a pretty good game no matter how you look at it.  The randomness can easily be replaced with guaranteed skill if you remove items, or its just a fun chaotic party game if you leave items on.  The series offers up a lot of freedom on how you want to play compared most other fighting games.  Wanna play as a team? Wanna play 3 vs 1, with the one having increased health?  It's also got a lot of singleplayer stuff to fool around with.

As a fighting game, it's pretty easy to get into also.  Doesn't require learning any complicated combos or motions, everyone generally plays in similar ways, so its not hard to jump around the character list...It's not a favorite series of mine at all, but it's a fun time for sure.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 02:33:22 am by kamikazekeeg »

telly

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2018, 11:43:03 am »
As a fighting game, it's pretty easy to get into also.  Doesn't require learning any complicated combos or motions, everyone generally plays in similar ways, so its not hard to jump around the character list...It's not a favorite series of mine at all, but it's a fun time for sure.

That's why I prefer Smash and dislike most fighting games in general. I can't stand having to use complicated button combinations just to use a special move, while the AI Ryu's throwing out a Hadouken and Shoryuken every second
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

sworddude

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 01:42:59 pm »

That's why I prefer Smash and dislike most fighting games in general. I can't stand having to use complicated button combinations just to use a special move, while the AI Ryu's throwing out a Hadouken and Shoryuken every second

yet the hardes things come in the movement options wich you combine with your moves to for example reduce lag or make certain moves a bit faster than they normally are wich is pretty big deal in these games.

I'm pretty sure many will struggle just as hard to master these as those 2d fighting games super combo's especially when you want to use them consistently

The moves etc are easy but the advanced techniques wich aren't really explained in the manual etc are pretty tricky to master and will need very precise timing to use them.

mostly usefull in a tournament rule settings, for casual play with items and stage hazzards it has less of an impact but than again smash can be played casually or hardcore without any chaotic distractions.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 01:51:27 pm by sworddude »

telly

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 01:58:26 pm »
Yeah but learning movement options is far less offensive. Trust me, if you had to pull of a 4 button combo just to use a smash attack, I'd be out.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

sworddude

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2018, 03:16:05 pm »
Yeah but learning movement options is far less offensive. Trust me, if you had to pull of a 4 button combo just to use a smash attack, I'd be out.

you are correct in  2d fighting games you actually need to master all the moves to at the very least fully play the game. you are pretty limited in gameplay if you can't pull of certain moves and your forced to practice all the special moves of certain charaters.

In smash these advanced techniques aren't needed to actually play the game fully yet in a competitive setting these minor differences will matter and will leave people who can't use them in the dust, they are just as hard to pull off especially consistently at the right moments.

Than again smash gameplay is completely different than a regular 2d fighting game, there is way more freedom in comparison even in a competitive setting.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 04:19:36 pm by sworddude »

kypherion

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2018, 01:01:16 pm »
I'd love to see some brawl dudes return like Snake or Wolf. If we can have as many Fire Emblem characters as we do I don't see why adding them (maybe Snake cause he isn't Nintendo) should be an issue.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

kypherion

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2018, 01:02:12 pm »
Oh and also Simon Belmont would be nice.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"