Author Topic: What Would You Do If You Had Nintendo World Championship For NES?  (Read 2387 times)

For me? I don't think this would be necessary in my collection. Since this cartridge has a bunch of common games on it. I personally don't think I would buy this since it is only basically good for bragging and showing off. Also less the 150 copies were ever made of Nintendo World Championship NES

But in my opinion it would go well in a museium

If I had it I probably would keep it and put it on a shelf
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 11:52:04 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

rayne315

Re: What Would You Do If You Had Nintendo World Championship For NES?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 12:00:22 pm »
as much of a collector as I am I would probably sell it. there are other holy grails I would prefer when it comes to my collection. like the actual holy grail of video games, the chalice of light.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

azure

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 12:19:17 pm »
No-brainer, sell it for sure.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 12:37:05 pm »
Sell it

kypherion

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 12:55:11 pm »
Of course sell it, then use the money to buy other games.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 01:04:49 pm »
Sell it and pay off a chunk of my mortgage.

I would not look back.

Having debt pains me every day.

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 01:18:32 pm »
I would put it up for a charity auction.

Either that or make a YouTube video of me crushing it was some kind of industrial equipment.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 04:23:18 pm »
I would love to keep it for the collection but because it's so valuable I wouldn't feel safe keeping it on a shelf.I'd have to put it in a fire proof safe but then whats the point in having it if it's sitting in a safe.For me I like to see the cover art of the games it's half the reason I collect games in the first place besides playing them.So I probably would sell it eventually.

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 11:18:12 pm »
I would sell it without question.
My interest in the NES and its library are minimal and when I did actually collect for it, it was my most uninspired collection in regards to my excitement for amassing more games on it. Don't get me wrong, I had some really good games for it and still do, but the NES is a console I never owned until much later after its heyday, and even then I only had a few games for it. I didn't grow up with it either so I have no nostalgia for it.

Owning the most expensive and sought after title for the console would mean very little to me and its true importantance would come in the amount of money I'd get from it which I'd put towards a house or something like that. There is also the possibility that I'd hold onto it for a while in hopes that it would become the video game equivilant of Action Comics #1 and be worth hundreds of thousands or even above a million in a decade or two.

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 12:58:17 am »
Sell it and pay off debt that I had. That would really be helpful.

kashell

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 08:22:10 am »
Sell it.

sworddude

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 09:36:23 am »
Would have no interest in keeping this if were talking about the NWC gold cart that is

I love Nintendo but for that particular item I don't have any nostalgia or interest of keeping it at all, The only thing I see is a piece of history but that's not the reason why I collect.

Selling it immidiately would be quite tempting if I were to do that I would probably spend 10K of the earnings on items that I really wanted to have while putting the rest in my pocket.

Still though if you do have such a rare item I guess I might be willing to gamble and wait for many years to see if it reaches those insane numbers  since as far as rarity goes it has that potential to reach maybe the 100K's or maybe a million +. No rush in selling it, not to much to lose really.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 11:22:47 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

tripredacus

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 10:01:32 am »
Not really interested in that cart, would sell or trade it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 12:45:19 pm »
Sell it in a heartbeat and use it to get those rare games and VHS that I thought I never could afford (and that I'd actually play/watch, unlike the World Championship game).

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2018, 03:29:43 pm »
Keep it.
Love it.
Cherish it forever.

I’ve dreamed of finding one for nearly half my life. It’d be the crown jewel of any collection.