Author Topic: Opinions on paying for online play?  (Read 2982 times)

Re: Opinions on paying for online play?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 02:52:02 am »
I really, really miss when this was just a dumb Xbox thing it was ridiculed for, and not something that became the norm.

kashell

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 03:54:12 pm »
I loathe it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 04:06:03 pm »
It's a rip-off. You've already paid for the console. You've already paid for the game. And you already pay for internet service.

So what exactly are you paying for? Everyone already got a piece of the pie from you.

You don't pay to play games online on PC. You don't pay to access Facebook.

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 08:03:24 pm »
It's a rip-off. You've already paid for the console. You've already paid for the game. And you already pay for internet service.

So what exactly are you paying for? Everyone already got a piece of the pie from you.

Perfectly said not to mention some Internet Service Providers limit your data usage and it cost a lot of data even to watch Youtube videos.

I would check on your data cap if I were anyone. Some companies will charge you more money on your bill should you use the internet excessive for streaming, or videos or music or even video games especially playing video games
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 08:07:16 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 08:27:39 pm »

while facebook seems free facebook has all time acces to your personal details messages who you call what you buy where you are at specific times your time scedules when you visit certain places etc.

Not to mention that they also sell this info to marketing people of bigger companies who can use this to increase sales and lure more people in. It's the main way why facebook makes money and this was unknown to many for many years.

If you use it allot even when facebook isn't active it will still collect your data. Pretty scary that facebook is some kind of spy app following your entire life.

Free online games still feed you with adds or potential skins/ pay to win so It's not totally free still way less extreme than facebook.

Still though why many complain that games such as WOW have monthly payments the servers are always active and they always have many updates, for people who play WOW it is worth it not to mention that they do not play much else. It's pretty hard to say that monthly payments for online games is a bad thing when you've never really done so.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 08:33:41 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 08:55:11 pm »
How would you know if I have not?

Of course I have. I'm an XBox owner.

sworddude

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 09:00:03 pm »
How would you know if I have not?

Of course I have. I'm an XBox owner.

let me rephrase that

What I meant is that people especially  complain about 1 game only such as WOW with their monthly payments while I'm pretty sure most have not even experienced it. There is a reason why many people still decide to pay those monthly fees for a single game.

Xbox or playstation give free games etc way cheaper it seems more in comparison however most have not even played such mmorpg's and actually paid the monthly fees to actually get acces to the full game.

Still though even for online play with playstation or xbox keeping servers up costs money so It's not to bad else they would be eating their profits or decline support allot sooner.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 09:06:05 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2018, 03:59:11 pm »
Nah, that's a false narrative companies would like you to believe-that they NEED to implement these paywalls. I know running a server costs money but these are rich folks and to them, money is no object. They look at this stuff and think "Eh I dunoooo" because they aren't satisified until they can make as much money as humanely possible.

I mean, really-the PS3 had it free, and the Nintendo switch has had it free for it's first year because of nintendo dragging their feet. Do you really think the baffling, incompetent, overly generous move to allow customers to use a basic feature of their console without an extra payment has just TOTALLY run their company dry?

Also, yes I don't play mmorpgs like that, but why would I? I don't buy trials for games, if it's 60$+ I want it for good.

kevininja

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2018, 03:46:02 am »
I don't have PS+ and I don't intend to ever buy it.

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2018, 01:23:22 pm »
I think the MMO games should be free if it’s a monthly charge to play. They definitely got my cash on FFXI. Pretty sure I payed close to 10 years of service. I bought the PS2 bundle, then bought all the 360 versions and xpansions to get the achievements. Also payed for a couple mule characters for my extra items etc. Probably cost me around $2000 total.

I always get the Xbox live when it goes on sale ($35-$40 a year).
When the Xbox one and PS4 went the pc route of having to install games to play, I use to open and install them as soon as possible to have them ready to go at any givin time. They give out those free games every month now and I’m coming across a lot of games I still haven’t played, but already installed.
Now I find myself leaving my games sealed again until I’m ready to play. A lot of times getting the free download before I even open my physical copy.

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2018, 11:46:49 am »
I honestly hope Nintendo uses the money to improve the infrastructure of their games because I adore Splatoon 2, but man does it run like garbage to this day with lots of disconnecting players, needing hacker detection, and lag. Such lag. Not lag on me, just sometimes I encounter very laggy matches if the host is laggy.