Author Topic: E3 2018: Devolver Digital  (Read 920 times)

E3 2018: Devolver Digital
« on: June 09, 2018, 06:12:32 pm »
Madness.  Madness is what I expect from this.  Also maybe Metal Wolf Chaos? They had a weird tease that could be this.  Last year, they put on an Adult Swim-esque, farcical bit of nonsense, that maybe they'll do again or not...Seeing their tease for it, I'm guessing they are going full bonkers again.

Expect utter nonsense at 11pm EST on Sunday.

azure

Re: E3 2018: Devolver Digital
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 06:37:40 pm »
If the MWC tease is legit, it alone will win E3 for me.

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 09:18:59 pm »
Who? lol

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 04:24:58 am »
Not a fan of them, they don't like putting out physical copies of their games even though they seem to be doing pretty well.

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 11:14:39 pm »
Scum is an open world survival game coming to Early Access this year.

My Friend Pedro for Switch and PC, side scrolling ridiculous shooter action game.  Think it said this year.

Metal Wolf Chaos XD.  2018 release for Xbox, PS4, PC.

Okay, they didn't need their own thread for this lol
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 11:22:21 pm by kamikazekeeg »

sworddude

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 03:33:25 pm »
I can't believe that metal wolf chaos returns.

I'm pretty sure it's thanks to some more popluar youtube channels since there were some more popular video's wich included this title quite some years ago, pretty insane really that it had that much influence it wasn't that popular the coverage of that game.

I highly doubt it would have come withouth the game being that at least a bit known to the west thanks to some exposure.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 04:04:20 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 03:40:23 pm »
lol they didn't even announce games last year, so it was a surprise to see actual games being discussed this time around. TinyBuild had a little conference before Microsoft, and it felt like it was trying to copy the weirdness of Devolver's "conference" last year.

As for them not putting out physicals, I don't think that's something to hold against them. They have put out physical versions of some of their games before, so I don't think it's out of their consideration.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 04:07:26 pm »
I can't believe that metal wolf chaos returns.

I'm pretty sure it's thanks to some more popluar youtube channels since there were some more popular video's wich included this title quite some years ago, pretty insane really that it had that much influence it wasn't that popular the coverage of that game.

I highly doubt it would have come withouth the game being that at least a bit known to the west thanks to some exposure.

In an interview, one of the guys at the company specifically pointed to Super Best Friends who did a popular lets play of it, which re-energized love for it.  They are the only reason I think I even know of Metal Wolf Chaos lol