Author Topic: E3 2018: Ubisoft  (Read 1125 times)

E3 2018: Ubisoft
« on: June 11, 2018, 01:54:41 am »
I always feel like Ubisoft shows either can be a good time or the cringiest.  It varies year to year and depends on what they have to show.  Some stuff to expect would be Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Division 2, probably something with Tom Clancy, Splinter Cell is a guarantee, probably the Mario Rabbids DLC, likely something on Beyond Good and Evil 2, and Skull & Bones, among some others.

Ubisoft starts at 4pm EST on Monday.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Also skipping stuff previously talked about.

-Just Dance 2019 releases in October on most systems.
-Beyond Good and Evil 2 Trailer, Alpha Gameplay, Fan Creative Content Campaign.
-Transference with VR option out this Fall.
-Trials Rising out February.
-Mario + Rabbids: Donkey Kong Adventure out June 26th.
-Skull and Bones gameplay, out 2019.
-Starlink out October 16th.  Utilizes toys to alter ship and pilots.  Nintendo Switch exclusive Arwing and Fox McCloud figure.
-For Honor: Marching Fire Expansion.  Starter Edition free for a week starting today.  New 4 v 4 Castle Siege Mode.
-Crew 2 Open Beta June 21st, preload now.
-Assassin's Creed Odyssey out October 5th.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 05:41:09 pm by kamikazekeeg »

Re: E3 2018: Ubisoft
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 03:48:43 pm »
12 mins

It's liiiiiiiiive
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 04:01:12 pm by seether »

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 04:04:16 pm »
Well at least they are getting Just Dance out of the way lol Just Dance 2019, out October.

Looks like maybe no specific host this year, which is good.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 CG trailer. Showed off a young evil Jade.  Some alpha gameplay.  Doing a fan creative campaign that does seem like they will compensate artists.  Seemed a smidge sketchy at first.

Rainbow Six Siege stuff.

Trials Rising. On all systems basically. February 2019.

Division 2 stuff.

I was not impressed with Andrew WK playing at Bethesda, but I'm liking this mostly because it's actually music from the game and its Grant Kirkhope and they are showing stuff from the actual game.

Donkey Kong Adventure for Mario Rabbids out June 26th.

Skull and Bones stuff.  I'm pretty excited for this. 2019.

Transference. 

Starlink.  October 16th.  This is that...controller toy game.  Looks weirdly like No Man's Sky if it had like characters and story and entertainment value lol  Nintendo crossover with Fox McCloud in the game! That's pretty neat.

For Honor stuff.  Starter Edition for the next week is free on Uplay.  New Chinese faction added to the game. For Honor: Marching Fire expansion.  Breach, new 4 v 4 castle siege mode.

The Crew 2 stuff.  Open Beta June 21st.  Preload available now.

Assassin Creed: Odyssey stuff.  Looks like Assassin's Creed.  Kinda spending forever on this. October 5th.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 05:31:22 pm by kamikazekeeg »

kashell

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 04:06:41 pm »
Good ol' Just Dance (gonna be okay...)

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 04:24:17 pm »
Ooo

Trials Rising

I love Trials! And I didn't already know about this before seeing the conference.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 04:26:40 pm »
And Nintendo Switch release  :o

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 05:33:10 pm »
This is far and away the best conference, like better than all of the others combined.

Just by every metric wayyy better.

They made it a show with the Just Dance 2019 and Dong Kong Rabbids musical sections.
They had sick genuinely exciting trailers for Beyond Good & Evil 2 and The Division 2.
They accompanied their trailers with developer/director discussion of features etc.
They had a new Trials game that is coming to Switch.
They have an open beta of one of their AAA games - The Crew 2 - to try out for free on June 21st
They had a never before seen trailer of the next entry in one of their major expected franchises - Assassin's Creed - it has a really cool new setting of ancient Greece
They had genuine surprise with the Star Fox in Starlink

Whatever you think of the games, this was just such a good demonstration/show/presentation of everything.

Skull and Bones is kinda just a more developed AC4: Black Flag, I don't think I care about an iteration of that.
Transference doesn't interest me.
That game with the toys, Starlink, does nothing for me either. Despite the inclusion of Star Fox (which to be fair made my jaw drop and surprised me).

No Splinter Cell 'one more thing' ending though!

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 05:35:06 pm »
Probably the second best show so far, but that's almost by default I feel when comparing to Bethesda, EA, Devolver, and Square-Enix.  Not terrible, some good stuff here and there, more if you actually plan to play most of those games.  Surprised that they didn't show off Splinter Cell.  That was basically confirmed with the Walmart CA leak, so maybe at Sony's showing?

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 05:58:15 pm »
Ubisoft was my most enjoyable conference so far.

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 06:04:01 pm »

That's great.  I personally had more excitement from the Microsoft show, especially with surprises like Jump Force, Devil May Cry 5, Sekiro, and some others.  Most of what Ubisoft showed off was already revealed, so I really only got entertainment out another nice BGE2 CG trailer and a tiny bit of gameplay, of the musical bit for Donkey Kong, the Star Fox in Star Link reveal, and Skull & Bones gameplay.

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 06:04:48 pm »
Ubisoft's E3 2018 Press Conference: C

I wish Beyond Good and Evil 2 would have been shown off and discussed near the end of the conference, but it was not only one of the first thing they talked about, but it was by far the best thing they talked about. With maybe the exception of Doom Eternal this was the game that I've been the most hyped for so far. And from everything they've shown us, which is admittedly very little, the game looks incredible!

Other than that i thought the Starlink announcement with Star Fox was kind of cool, but overall the game seems very average, but we'll see as it gets closer to release. The DKC/Rabbids game isn't my cup of tea, but at least got my attention unlike the rest of the conference, which was Ubisoft's typical barrage of sequels to tired franchises. There was one exception to this which was Ubisoft's pirate game, which I would have been a lot more excited about until they mentioned it's an always online, multiplayer focused game. That alone killed any interest I had in it. I am so, so sick of developers and publishers pandering to the always online multiplayer crowd, and with it getting more prevalent I am getting increasingly worried how this might affect the future of the single player campaign.

This conference definitely had some high points, but overall it was mostly boring and per the course for Ubisoft.

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 06:24:57 pm »

That's great.  I personally had more excitement from the Microsoft show, especially with surprises like Jump Force, Devil May Cry 5, Sekiro, and some others.  Most of what Ubisoft showed off was already revealed, so I really only got entertainment out another nice BGE2 CG trailer and a tiny bit of gameplay, of the musical bit for Donkey Kong, the Star Fox in Star Link reveal, and Skull & Bones gameplay.
Jump Force looks like a budget game, and fighting games, especially anime fighting games, are of niche appeal. Probably a flop like J-Star Victory. DMC5 I already knew about going in and is a sequel to a long running franchise, I find the protagonist douchey like he was in DMC (reboot) as well. Sekiro is kinda cool I guess but honestly Souls-like games peaked at Dark Souls 1.

This Division 2 trailer was one of the best trailers I've ever seen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sli7AbX2bEk

kashell

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 08:37:59 am »
Beyond Good and Evil 2...why does it have to be open world AND co-op? Geez.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 10:23:43 am »
So much forced online. Made me just get disappointed a lot. New Assassins Creed looks good.

Even so, the presentation itself was good. It entertained me.