Author Topic: E3 2018: The PC Game Show  (Read 620 times)

E3 2018: The PC Game Show
« on: June 11, 2018, 02:07:27 am »
After the past few years of watching E3, I feel like this can be one of the shows I question if I'll skip or not.  They are always so long, they spend forever on many games they shouldn't, and they spend a good bit of time hocking PC hardware.  Like sure, the console developers hock their hardware too, but its usually actually new hardware, and not just...processors and graphics cards.  Sure, they are great and needed, but you can't get that excited for PC parts and I'm a PC gamer. 

They also don't usually have a ton of new and exciting things to show off.  Like I don't remember them doing anything big last year and looking back at an article, it wasn't anything special.  Maybe that changes this year, I don't know, we'll see...

The PC Gaming Show starts at 6PM EST on Monday.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm taking the easy way out on this since I skipped most of it, as they announced lots of smaller games and such and while there were some good reveals surprisingly (Check out the art style for Sable, it's gorgeous), there's a lot here, so I'm just gonna rip off Destructoids list.

https://www.destructoid.com/everything-that-happened-during-pc-gaming-show-s-2018-e3-conference-advertisement-507529.phtml

-Coffee Stain Studios announces cute looking factory builder Satisfactory
-Neo Cab will see you taxi people in a neo-noir world
-New Battle Royale from Automaton Games supports up to 1000 players
-Skyrim mod The Forgotten City is being reimagined for PC
-Intriguing sci-fi sim Star Control will finally be released in September
-New killing tools on their way to Hunt Showdown
-Today is the day of updates for presumed dead PC games: The Sinking City is still coming
-Launch trailer revealed for new Warframe add-on, The Sacrifice
-Sega confirms Yakuza series is coming to PC at E3
-Tripwire is bringing gory new updates to Killing Floor 2
-Maneater is an open world shark simulator where you can eat people
-Get ready to rumble with Bravery Network Online
-Overwhelm, a new cool looking retro action platformer, is out now on Steam
-Farming simulator Morning Star looks pretty cute...at first
-ANOTHER Neo-noir taxi adventure in Night Call
-Go where no man has gone before in new Star Citizen update
-Sable is a promising coming of age tale inspired by the works of Studio Ghibli
-Check out the delightful but deadly trailer for Don't Starve Hamlet
-Genesis Alpha One, the gory alien shooter from the developer of Worms, launches in September
-We finally get gameplay footage for Overkill's The Walking Dead
-Two Point Hospital will take over where Theme Hospital left off
-Noita is a platformer where 'every pixel is simulated'
-Realm Royale hits the top five listing on Steam, is basically peak battle royale saturation
-Ooblets is either cute or terrifying, coming to PC and Xbox One
-Rapture Rejects is a ridiculous looking Battle Royale title that you need in your life
-Hitman 2's first visit will be to Miami, lets you slap fools in the face with a fish
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 08:37:16 pm by kamikazekeeg »

Re: E3 2018: The PC Game Show
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 11:47:20 am »
I've found this to be the weakest show of E3 over the past few years mostly due to the lack of reveals outside PC hardware. I will probably skip this one and just read the highlights later on.

Re: E3 2018: The PC Game Show
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 06:09:59 pm »
Satisfactory.  Legit thought this was a No Man's Sky expansion at first lol It's your basic scifi building/survival game.

I'm honestly half paying attention to this show, mostly when something might excite me.

Mavericks: Proving Grounds.  A huge Battle Royale game that can have from 400 players in solo, up to 5 player squads up to 1000 players.

I tapped out, I'll fill in the start thread later. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 06:44:58 pm by kamikazekeeg »