Author Topic: Liking the unlikable  (Read 1544 times)

kypherion

Liking the unlikable
« on: June 11, 2018, 03:30:10 pm »
Anybody else like some games that are just, bad? Personally I love Sonic and the Secret Rings and I know it's terrible but it's so much fun.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

Re: Liking the unlikable
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 04:57:57 pm »
I enjoy the easy difficulty play though of "Civil War: A Nation Divided" but not on any harder difficulty On the PlayStation 2.

It is not as bad as people say it is, or what I heard people say about it. "Civil War: A Nation Divided" is a first person shooter/behind gun game that uses U.S american Civil War weapons.

It was meant to be a war sim yet a lot of people complained that it was far from being accurate to the real civil war, Some of the main weapons people claim were not used in the real U.S Civil War even though the game itself was a History Channel exclusive.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 05:07:41 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 05:03:05 pm »
I enjoy the easy difficulty play though of "Civil War: A Nation Divided" but not on any harder difficulty On the PlayStation 2.

It is not as bad as people say it is, or what I heard people say about it. "Civil War: A Nation Divided" is a first person shooter that uses U.S american Civil War weapons.

It was meant to be a war sim yet a lot of people complained that it was far from being accurate to the real civil war, Some of the main weapons people claim were not used in the real U.S Civil War even though the game itself was a History Channel exclusive.
The History Channel is known to sensationalize and for inaccurate portrayals of history.  Also that game does suck.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 05:25:04 pm »
Godzilla on PS4.  It's objectively a really bad game, they half-assed the crap out of what you really do and made the gameplay a little slower than it should, but the Godzilla fanservice is top notch.  All the monsters look great and its fun actually playing them.

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 07:19:46 pm »
I like Sonic 3D Blast on Saturn a lot. Not really sure what people think about it overall, but I think it's a pretty good game.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 07:21:21 pm »
I like Sonic 3D Blast on Saturn a lot. Not really sure what people think about it overall, but I think it's a pretty good game.
I don't hate it it is just kinda meh.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 09:13:57 pm »
Some people say fracture is filler and not many revere it, but I love it very much :).

It was ambitious with it's weaponry and in a console gen loaded with shooters it stands out in my mind till this day.  The excevator gun that could raise terrain or lower it made for interesting combat and the gameplay was solid, bug free and fluid.  Definitely worth the 3 bucks it typically goes for :D

ferraroso

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 04:18:19 am »
I love "Ride to Hell: Retribution" it is a classic case of "so bad it is good" and it is very fun to play while drinking or with some friends around!

kashell

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 08:52:31 am »
Alpha Protocol
Tsuginai: Atonement
Mega Man 8

Just to name a few...

ferraroso

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 10:50:18 am »
Mega Man 8

Wait... I don't know much about Alpha Protocol and Tsugunai, but is there someone in this world who doesn't like Mega Man 8? (Or are you refering to Mega Man X8?)

kashell

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 11:06:39 am »
Mega Man 8

Wait... I don't know much about Alpha Protocol and Tsugunai, but is there someone in this world who doesn't like Mega Man 8? (Or are you refering to Mega Man X8?)

Absolutely, but I'm not one of them. I love this game because it's so different from the classics on the Nintendo. I can definitely see why the game is so polarizing, though:

*The voice acting. Yikes...
*A lot of backtracking through different stages to get all of the Bolts.
*The boss robot accessibility (two four-parters instead of all eight).
*Frost Man's stage (Jump! Jump! Slide! Slide!)

There are other, little reasons that add to the big picture. Mega Man 8 plays fine, but I think I'm the only person that ranks it as their favorite Mega Man in the regular series.

shfan

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 12:15:20 pm »
Rule of Rose, which has become one of those games collectors talk about because it's collectable, has a poor reputation. Personally, I got it when it was released (via import, a manufactured scandal in a few UK papers caused the publisher not to release the game here, despite the game already being manufactured), enjoyed it for what it was and loved the setting and the fact that it was survival horror of the type perfected in Silent Hill 2. It's not 'superb', only has a few bosses, is quite repetitive, but the whole package made it a really good game for me.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 04:37:46 pm »
Some people say fracture is filler and not many revere it, but I love it very much

I agree this game was great also Singularity,Vanquish,the Saboteur,Velvet Assassin,Shadows of the Damed. All Xbox 360 that weren't well recived imo. but I liked them
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:41:11 pm by wartoy »

stealthrush

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 09:16:52 pm »
Anybody else like some games that are just, bad? Personally I love Sonic and the Secret Rings and I know it's terrible but it's so much fun.

More or less guilty pleasure games, yes.

-Robo Pit 2
-Future Racer (Defeat Lightning)
-Lightning Legend: Daigo no Daibouken

Technically bad (game corrupts etc) no.

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 12:11:36 pm »
Mega Man 8

I'm one of them