Author Topic: E3 2018: Nintendo  (Read 2199 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: E3 2018: Nintendo
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 12:51:47 pm »
Where's Metroid Prime 4?!  >:(

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 02:49:12 pm »
Nintendo doesn't really like showing off stuff that we won't get for a long time anymore. That's why so much of it was dedicated to Smash

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 09:09:42 pm »
Nintendo doesn't really like showing off stuff that we won't get for a long time anymore. That's why so much of it was dedicated to Smash

I appreciate that about them :).   it's why I think sony's E3 kinda let me down, they showed us all stuff that's coming in like 1-never years.  Xbox and Nintendo both showed a few heavy hitters coming out this fall.  So even though I am so excited for Last of Us,  I am probably going to be more hyped for Xbox this E3 because everything is approaching soon.  :).   I don't get why show us stuff coming out so far from now unless it's all they have to offer.  This holiday season is going to be pretty dry for Sony.

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2018, 01:43:09 am »
I enjoy when companies show off long off projects because it gives you something to look forward in the long run and get hyped whenever the developer shows off more of their progress as it gets closer to the game coming out. I find that conferences that show off a good mix of games that will launch in the next year and ones that are further out are my favorites since they satisfy my need to get hyped about stuff I can play soon and stuff that will be a while before I play.

Sony's conference this year probably leaned too much on far off stuff, but it was still games I could get seriously hyped for. Nintendo had the opposite issue and didn't show enough of the long term stuff, which kind of leaves me feeling empty a bit. Don't take me wrong, I'm really excited for Smash and a few other games coming out this year, but I'd like to see more on Bayonetta 3 or Metroid Prime 4 too.

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2018, 06:21:59 am »
I enjoy when companies show off long off projects because it gives you something to look forward in the long run and get hyped whenever the developer shows off more of their progress as it gets closer to the game coming out. I find that conferences that show off a good mix of games that will launch in the next year and ones that are further out are my favorites since they satisfy my need to get hyped about stuff I can play soon and stuff that will be a while before I play.

Sony's conference this year probably leaned too much on far off stuff, but it was still games I could get seriously hyped for. Nintendo had the opposite issue and didn't show enough of the long term stuff, which kind of leaves me feeling empty a bit. Don't take me wrong, I'm really excited for Smash and a few other games coming out this year, but I'd like to see more on Bayonetta 3 or Metroid Prime 4 too.
I don’t like hearing about games a year plus away, by the time they come around I will have lost enthusiasm.

A game like Days Gone gets shown to us in 2016 and isn’t out until 2019. I don’t want to know about a product that far in advance.

Ideally I’d hear about a game when it is 6 months out so I can think about it, read about it, take in the hype machine, and buy/play it in a reasonable timeframe.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 11:25:55 am »
But they showed us last year...

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2018, 11:34:50 am »

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2018, 06:33:16 pm »
Honestly, I think the only reason we knew about Metroid Prime 4 already was because nintendo wanted to say "Yup! Metroid is a thing again!" Giving reassurance that it was even a thing was a bit necassary in the case of a franchise previously in such a dire state.

Personally, I don't really like waiting years for a game to come out. It's exciting at first, but then I just get bummed out and anxious when I realize I'm going to have to wait years to get it. If I saw super cool Metroid gameplay id probably want it now, not a year and a half from now.

piscean64

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 03:10:52 pm »

While I like that they don't show stuff that won't come out for a year or more, it concerns me that this E3 showed...not a whole lot. Is Smash Bros Pokemon and Mario Party really the only things they have going for them this year? I get that they are 3 big franchises for them. I am getting all three. But I don't know...what's coming out in Aug and Sept? Nothing? At least July there's Octopath which I am excited as **** for.