Author Topic: Canadian region  (Read 829 times)

josquelqu1

Canadian region
« on: June 08, 2018, 02:08:31 pm »
Hi,

Not that the game is different but the box is bilingual and the barcode isn't the same on the north american and the canadian release.

Having a "canadian" region would be great. ex: Nintendo Switch [CA]

Thank you

aliensstudios

Re: Canadian region
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 06:29:02 pm »
For now Canadian releases are denoted with a [CA] since not every game gets a Canadian release. If you go here: https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6808.0/topicseen.html you can ask too since it's the category / platform request thread
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

josquelqu1

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 11:47:15 pm »
Ok thank you

tpugmire

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 12:30:02 am »
Some platforms do have Canadian region categories. I know the NES/Famicom has one because I own a handful of Canadian releases.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 03:14:36 pm »
Some platforms do have Canadian region categories. I know the NES/Famicom has one because I own a handful of Canadian releases.
Yeah, I guess for NES there is enough titles to satiate a Canadian category. I've been keeping track of the Wii U library since it's relatively small and I've discovered about 20 Canadian releases just by looking at eBay.ca's website, sometimes the difference between a US and Canada release is negligible like the ESRB rating being in two languages instead of one (I don't typically put those into the database), sometimes the cover art has multiple languages of text which is worthy of a separate entry in my opinion. For some reason, all of Nintendo's first party games with the white ESRB ratings (like 2013 onward) are dual language and have no single-language variant.
It's confusing sometimes which categories exist and which don't. For example, lot's of European systems' releases are all glommed together in a single category and amiibo also don't have regions. Also, if you look in the US category for NES, people have stuck [CA] releases in it too.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

telly

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 08:32:46 pm »
I honestly think the NES [CA] should be folded into NES [US] and made one category like the rest of them. To me it's the same way we have all the EU games, and it's kind of strange that the NES is the only North American section that doesn't follow that.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery