Author Topic: What upcoming games are you REALLY excited for?  (Read 3387 times)

What upcoming games are you REALLY excited for?
« on: June 13, 2018, 10:10:22 am »
Almost nothing for me.

ferraroso

Re: What upcoming games are you REALLY excited for?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 11:27:45 am »
Ace Combat 7

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 11:41:55 am »
SPYRO!!!!!!! And a new Mario party with traditional gameplay will be nice. other than those two nothing that is coming out this year.

telly

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 12:07:24 pm »
Ace Combat 7

Beat me to it. If only we can get a hard release date for it :'( I've watched the trailers like 20 times.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 02:49:47 pm »
-Resident Evil 2 Remake

-Red Dead Redemption 2

-Metroid Prime 4
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:43:44 am by burningdoom »

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 02:53:20 pm »
Bunch of great games coming.

-Valkyria Chronicles 4
-Super Smash Bros Ultimate
-Battlefield V
-Dying Light 2
-Metro Exodus
-Resident Evil 2 Remake
-Devil May Cry 5
-Bayonetta 3
-Cyberpunk 2077

At the moment, those are at the top, but below that in more of a general "This is gonna be good"...

-Mega Man X Legacy Collection
-Spider-Man
-CodeVein
-Ghosts of Tsushima
-Nioh 2
-Red Dead Redemption 2

I'm probably spacing a few games and some I'm not quite sure of just yet or there's a few that I know will be good, but probably won't get right away.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:55:41 pm by kamikazekeeg »

stealthrush

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 04:19:15 pm »
Rival Megagun

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 05:38:50 pm »
Here are my top 5 most anticipated upcoming games  :D

1. Forza Horizon 4

I honestly thought coming into E3 it'd easily be Last of Us 2,  and that I'd be in the market for a PS4 pro,  but last of us 2 never got a release date again and Horizon 4 came out of nowhere and now i'm saving up for a One X to experience this beauty in 4k 60fps the way it's intended.  :)

Forza Horizon games have always been my favorite racing games since their inception. They have fathered this lane in video games that the Crew and a few others have fallen into where it's open world sim racing, but not exactly a need for speed clone.  And Microsoft lives or dies by  Halo, Gears and Forza.  So they are almost always consistently good.   

I'm a pretty huge fan of racing games,  and Horizon 4 will almost certainly be good. :D

2. Pokemon Let's go Pikachu/Eevee

Pokemon Let's go Pikachu snuck up on me,  I went from thinking it was another gimick like pokemon go with a pocket pika pokeball that I wouldn't love.  But then at E3 I realize it's basically a full blown remastered Pokemon Yellow but this time with the pokeball peripheral that makes the game come to life.  It's truly an amazing looking game :).   I have to get used to the battle system and what they've done with certain things.  But it's pokemon so I love it.

3. Kingom Hearts III

Not many games some up my childhood and teen years like Kingdom Hearts :).  I love Kingdom Hearts and have waited all of my adult life for this game.  And now that it's here,  I don't know if it's quite registered how amazing this is.   Maybe i'm slightly pessimisitc it won't acheive the same level of feels or greatness as the first one.   But all and all,  it's so incredible to finally have a 3rd kingdom hearts.   1 tooken off the list of the infamous 3rd installment curse.  (Half Life 3, Tomba 3, Klonoa 3, Dark Cloud 3, Bioshock 3, SMW 3 ect...) 

4. Last of Us 2

Last of us 2 was probably the most talked about E3 conference. Mostly because of the kiss scene ^.  I am kinda disturbed by how many gamers got in arms to trash Naughty Dog for having a lesbian protagonist in their game.  Masking homophobic remarks as "concerns for the game"  It gets into a deeper political issue that I won't plague this thread with.  But all and all, People need to loosen up a bit and I commend naughty dog for doing something I don't think i've seen done in gaming without the intent to make fun.  The less people excluded from the fun of video game culture the better in my eyes. 

Now as for the game itself, I wish I had seen more Zombie gameplay, seemed much more human to human combat with Ellie slashing throats and what not.  But holy (explitive) lol.  This game looks so breathtaking.  As expected.  It's of course my number 1 spot, but I don't think it'd be fair to put a game that has not even been announced for a formal release date yet over games I know I can buy at the end of this year.  That's why it' 4.   But don't get me wrong,  it's my number 1 most anticipated game since the last one lol.  It's the sequel to one of the best games ever made. It's starting to become more of the long lost friend I long to meet with again but never will though as they keep showing me glorious trailers and gameplay but no release date in sight.  Not even an estimated window to look forward to :(.   And that was pretty much my downfall of E3 was the lack of a TLOU2 release date.   

5. Crackdown 3

I was leaning towards Smash being my 5th spot,  but I think if I could choose one to play today it'd be Crackdown 3 :).   It has so much potential to be an amazing open world game, and crackdowns unique,  not much like it in terms of art style and gameplay which rare now a days.  The sci fi cop open world style with saints row weapons.  I hope it's an awesome entry and another huge 1st party homerun for Xbox  :D.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 05:49:44 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 05:53:43 pm »
There are so many titles i'm waiting for that i will probably forgot some of them:

-Yakuza Kiwami 2
-Resident Evil 2 Remake
-Shenmue III
-Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered
-The Banner Saga III (on PC or The Banner Saga Trilogy on PS4 i'm still not sure which i will take)
-Shadow of the Tomb Raider
-Spyro Reignited Trilogy
-Warriors Orochi 4
-Darksiders III
-Kingdom Hearts III
-SaGa: Scarlet Grace
-The Last of Us 2
-Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS
-The Walking Dead: Season 4

aliensstudios

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 06:51:49 pm »
- Psychonauts 2
- Spider-Man
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Mega Man 11
- Bayonetta 3
- ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove
- Team Sonic Racing
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

megasilverx1

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 03:47:31 am »
-Dragon Quest XI
-Bayonetta 3
-Kingdom Hearts III
-Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1&2
-Mega Man 11
-The Switch Yoshi game
-Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
-Super Mario Party
-Sonic Mania Plus
-Spyro Reignited Trilogy
-Fugue of the Battlefield (even though it's a ways away)

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 06:24:50 am »
I’m interested in most games, but not excited for many of them.

The majority I’d be fine never playing.

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 01:22:33 pm »
I'm going to limit this to games that actually have a release date or are expected to be released this year, but there are plenty announced at E3 that I can't wait to play:

1. Resident Evil 2 (PS4)
2. Shenmue and Shenmue 2 HD (PS4)
3. Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Switch)
4. Jurassic World Evolution (PS4)
5. Team Sonic Racing (PS4)
6. Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu (Switch)
7. SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy (PS4)
8. Minecraft (Switch)
9. Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PS4)
10. Sonic Mania Plus (Switch)

As a side note, Doom Eternal would be #1, but since it is only rumored to come out this year I didn't include it. My money is on a Spring 2019 release, maybe even Fall of that year.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 02:51:13 pm by bikingjahuty »

kypherion

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 02:48:46 pm »
Smash Bros. Ultimate for sure, there's no way in hell I'm not getting my hands on a copy of that.

DMC5 is cool too
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

shfan

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 03:02:11 pm »
Bloodstained, I'm a backer on Kickstarter and it's been a long time coming. I'm also looking forward to the Spyro trilogy update - even during the PS2 era I was daydreaming about what the flying minigames would look like on more powerful systems, soon enough I'll find out.