Author Topic: What do you consider the credits at the end of games?  (Read 873 times)

rayne315

What do you consider the credits at the end of games?
« on: June 15, 2018, 12:24:00 pm »
Personally I think of credits almost like a reward for beating a game and as such I watch them all the way through and legitimately read as much of the names as I can. My fiancé on the other hand as soon as credits roll she is completely done with it. presses buttons to skip it/ejects the disc/turns off the console anything so she does not have to waste the time. where do you guys fall? do you let them roll and go and do other things, do you turn them off, do you watch them through, or anything else?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Re: What do you consider the credits at the end of games?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 12:27:41 pm »
I consider it the official end to the game, even if there is extra content available.

kashell

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 01:16:45 pm »
I consider them to be the end of a game's main campaign. I watch them fully the first time.

If I beat the main campaign more than once, then I'll skip them. All games should have skippable credits.

azure

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 01:55:11 pm »
All games should have skippable credits.

This, this should be a standard across the industry.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 02:10:59 pm »
im guilty of both i guess it depends how much i liked the game.

kypherion

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 02:16:41 pm »
A good ending, and if it's smash bros very fun to interact with!
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 03:00:14 pm »
I’m the kind of person who likes to experience everything a game has to offer, so I always sit through the credits the first time, reading the names and listening to the music. It’s like a reward for finishing the game. I will usually watch them in full on every subsequent playthrough too, unless they’re exceptionally long (I’m looking at you, Mass Effect 3).

Besides, nowadays many games include entertainment elements during the credits. My personal favorite is the Troy Baker/Courtnee Draper “Will the Circle be Unbroken” jam session during the Bioshock Infinite end credits. That was amazing, and a wonderful reward for completing the game.

kashell

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 03:08:03 pm »
All games should have skippable credits.

This, this should be a standard across the industry.

Imagine listening to this song when the credits rolled.

Over and over and over...

https://youtu.be/tmcko4qwnjU

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 06:08:54 pm »
I skip 'em unless there's either something interesting happening during the credits or there's an achievement for sitting through them.

aliensstudios

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 06:22:49 pm »
I'm just like you. I read the credits and enjoy doing so  8) I especially enjoy credits at the end of films. I can see the names of actors, locations filmed, music in the score, all of the people it took to bring it together.
It almost seems disrespectful to experience and enjoy something and not have any inclination to learn more about it whether it be a game, a movie or music.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."