Author Topic: Your Preferred Device Manufacture Friendly Disscussion  (Read 934 times)

Your Preferred Device Manufacture Friendly Disscussion
« on: June 10, 2018, 06:20:55 pm »
Lets not argue or call anyone a fanboy. all opinions are welcome.
The reason for this thread is because  I have been reading on people least favorite device a lot of people on here have said either Nintendo or Microsoft related consoles. But none mention not once SONY or Sega.

do more people of VGcollect like SONY and Sega devices on here then the other in the big four including Nintendo and Microsoft also .

There is no doubt in my mind Nintendo's 2nd and 3rd consoles. including the gameboy's are what I believe are Nintendo's most preferred consoles. Including the 1985-1983  The Nintendo Entertainment System/Famicom and the 1990 Super Nintendo/Super Famicom 

But after the Super Nintendo/Super Famicon. According to what I read on here so far Nintendo's more newer experiments get a lot of people disappointed, starting with the N64 and Virtual Boy. And for some the Gamecube, Wii and the Wii u are not their preferred console

I go with anything but So far think SONY and Nintendo products hold up the best today
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 06:30:34 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Your Preferred Device Manufacture Friendly Disscussion
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 06:28:12 pm »
Sony>Nintendo>Sega>Microsoft

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 07:41:20 pm »
Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo

stealthrush

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 10:39:43 pm »
Sega & Nintendo.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 11:39:48 pm »
I really don't have a preference. I own consoles from all of the "big" console makers. Nintendo, Sega, Sony, and Xbox. I used to have an Atari 2600, but I think that's the one "big" console maker I can say I'm not a fan of.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 11:24:50 am »
I have a PC, PS4, XB1, Switch and PS Vita.

Sooo ... I don't really think about favourites.

Which one do I like the most?

Eh ... I love the Switch for the portability aspect but it lacks third party games.
I love the XB1 for the controller, backwards compatibility and maybe game pass but it lacks exclusive titles.

I don't know pros and cons to everything, I just own everything because why not.

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 11:54:00 am »
I always tend to have my hardware loyalties based on work history. Especially for hardware. When it comes to CE or video game hardware, I will put Sony on the top as I had worked for them two times. But not their computers, for the specific reason that all high-volume Royalty OEMs tend to not make high quality products for the sake of making them, rather they will sell products at cost or a low margin on the hardware itself, and make their revenue as add-ons with other royalty or support agreements. This means that the hardware quality is low.

And then yet, I have never owned a Microsoft console, despite having done work for them in the past. I think it is because I am more in line with the software side of things. The Surface and the Intellimouse are the only hardware items that I would prefer among tablets and mice. Otherwise, the rest of their hardware has little interest to me.

When it comes to other computer hardware, I have few specific loyalties. The main one would be Sapphire for video cards, and Intel for motherboards... although Intel has ceased to produce those for the retail desktop market. Notebooks for me go to Clevo. I can't think of any other real preferences that I have.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 11:57:39 am »
Modern: PS4>Switch>>>PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XBOX ONE

Retro:

1. Dreamcast
2. PS2
3. N64
4. PS1
5. PS3 (not retro, but not modern either)
6. Saturn
7. XBOX (original)
8. Genesis
9. Wii (again, not retro, but not supported anymore either)
10. SNES

kypherion

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 02:41:59 pm »
I dunno, maybe playstation or nintendo. I've always liked both consoles but the portability nintendo has is a great selling point and really strikes me as awesome.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

ferraroso

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 06:31:23 pm »
Of the consoles I own: SNK > Sega > Sony > NEC (PC Engine) > Nintendo > Microsoft > Panasonic (3DO) > Bandai (WonderSwan & Pippin)

bantha

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 05:57:18 am »
The previous two generations, I would say I was a big Xbox fan. I truly loved the OG Xbox and Xbox 360.

That all changed this generation. That maybe because my tastes have changed in the last 20 years. I used to be a big FPS fan, but I get far more excited by RPGs now.

Sony now tick all the boxes for me.....I think the PS4 is becoming my favourite console of all time.

I have a love hate relationship with Nintendo. I actually bought a Switch yesterday, so I'm excited to see play more (just started Xenoblade Chronicles 2).

azure

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 01:52:33 pm »
PlayStation > Nintendo > SEGA > Xbox