Author Topic: If you had £1000/$1300 to blow on video games, how would you do it?  (Read 1095 times)

Re: If you had £1000/$1300 to blow on video games, how would you do it?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 10:42:24 am »
Keio Flying Squadron. I've wanted that one for decades.

(This is assuming the Magic Money Fairy has deposited this cash into my hands for the sole purpose of buying videogames. If this is months of my own scrimping and saving, it's gonna be hard to pull the trigger on much of anything, quite frankly.)

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 11:04:59 am »
I'd consider dropping half on a console kiosk.
I'd want a bunch of retro systems in as pristine working condition as I could find.
I'd consider pre-ordering 3 modern titles to have something to look forward to in future.
I'd travel to a dedicated retro store and cherry pick all the best stuff for myself.
I'd go on eBay and buy any rare game that caught my fancy.

It'd be awesome.

I might live like this after my mortgage is cleared.

ferraroso

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 11:20:00 am »
Getting a couple of late Neo Geo AES games.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 11:24:22 am »
I'd want to build a new gaming PC if that's an allowed choice. My PC can't run as many titles as it did 4 years ago. It wasn't a bleeding edge PC even then. Then I'd pre-order all the new games I want this year lol. Then! Amiibos!

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 12:48:14 pm »
One of the following:
* Buy Psychic Assassin Taromaru, Hyper Duel and probably a few other really rare, hard to find import Saturn games
* Buy a few arcade cabs despite not having the room. Would probably get Virtua Fighter, Virtua Fighter 2, and/or Star Wars Trilogy Arcade if I could afford it.
* Buy everything I need to start my youtube gaming channel. I've wanted to do this for years, but for one reason or another never have.
* Repurchase some of the games I sold off over the past year. Some I don't miss, but there are others that would be nice to own again.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 12:49:41 pm »
Replace my broken TurboGrafx-16 with the one that has the built-in CD-drive with it.

Replace my broken Saturn and get some decent games that are way too overpriced.

Get Punisher on Genesis, Ninja Gaiden III on NES, Contra III on SNES, Contra: Hard Corps on Genesis, and Intelligent Qube on PS1.

Then just work on my wishlist more if any is left-over.

kypherion

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 03:34:37 pm »
Buy in bulk. Mainly popular retro titles im missing and consoles, so like an NES and SNES and the classics for those consoles, and then get games I want for my other consoles like ps2, ps1, n64, gamecube etc.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 07:23:44 pm »
probably hunt down 4 or 5 nes games I've been waiting to pull the trigger on.