Author Topic: Hardest game you ever played  (Read 2747 times)

Re: Hardest game you ever played
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 12:48:46 am »
Shinobi on the PS2. Imagine the joy 13 year old me had when I finally beat the game after suffering through the final stage. I still have the mental scars of the game to this day.

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 01:05:50 am »
Medal of Honor Frontline on Hard mode. That difficulty setting will make you tear your hair out. It was grueling to beat

Telly?

Did you beat the PlayStation 2 version on hard mode?
How did you even make it past that one level where the bad guys snipe rockets at you from the summit?  in the center of the level. I mean on my copy of "Medal Of Honor Frontline" for PS2

even on easy

there is a summit like in the center of one level that is nearly impossible to kill the rocket shooting snipers who shoot and hit you from an off screen position, in fact if you don't get to the top of the hill and kill them they keep on hitting you anywhere on that level including hitting you from off screen and completely off your view range.

I climbed the summit but keep taking too much damage trying to get those guys in my view range in order to hit them. They either lay down and hit you with rockets or crouch. and even when I fired at them I still could never kill those guys and have enough health to complete the mission.

It was some kind of depo mission with explosives that go off in the beginning of the level.

can you remember?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:14:11 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

stealthrush

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 02:05:04 am »
Tatsujin (Truxton) rightfully translated to Expert (Mega Drive, PC Engine)

The King of Fighters XI defeating the final boss Magaki (PS2)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:27:42 pm by stealthrush »

bantha

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 06:02:36 am »
Any platformer for me...I am so bad at them!

Agozer

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 08:25:52 am »
Shinobi on the PS2. Imagine the joy 13 year old me had when I finally beat the game after suffering through the final stage. I still have the mental scars of the game to this day.
Also, this. It's sequel Nightshade is a bit less unforgiving, but still tough as well.

kashell

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 09:29:05 am »
Also, this. It's sequel Nightshade is a bit less unforgiving, but still tough as well.

Yep. Add this game to my list as well. It was tough as nails, but it's still super fun. The day I beat Shinobi on the highest difficulty level was a damn good day.

Nightshade was cool, too. Since Hibana's life wasn't in danger of getting drained, the sense of urgency wasn't as high.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 12:50:02 pm »
The controls on PS2 Shinobi make is so worth it, though. There are few games that feel so satisfying to hack-n-slash your way through.

kashell

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2018, 02:32:06 pm »
Absolutely. That's one of the reasons I still pop in Shinobi. The controls are responsive and tight, and the challenge is always satisfying to overcome. I play Nightshade less, even though it has more content.

Shinobi also has DAT MUSIC. <3

telly

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2018, 10:58:45 pm »
Medal of Honor Frontline on Hard mode. That difficulty setting will make you tear your hair out. It was grueling to beat

Telly?

How did you even make it past that one level where the bad guys snipe rockets at you from the summit?  in the center of the level. I mean on my copy of "Medal Of Honor Frontline" for PS2

even on easy

there is a summit like in the center of one level that is nearly impossible to kill the rocket shooting snipers who shoot and hit you from an off screen position, in fact if you don't get to the top of the hill and kill them they keep on hitting you anywhere on that level including hitting you from off screen and completely off your view range.

I climbed the summit but keep taking too much damage trying to get those guys in my view range in order to hit them. They either lay down and hit you with rockets or crouch. and even when I fired at them I still could never kill those guys and have enough health to complete the mission.

It was some kind of depo mission with explosives that go off in the beginning of the level.

can you remember?

I do remember that level, after the train car ride right? I think I would go down the cliff to the bunker on the left side and try to pick people off from there and work my way over. I remember it was still tough because of those rocket launching guys on top of those towers after you get on the other side of the cliff.

The hardest level for me was when you had to invade that house since the silenced pistol they give you was a total piece of junk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=52UnwwsGj3Q

I did play it on PS2
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 12:00:34 am »
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NES.  And I’m not even referring to the dam level.  I could beat that with my eyes closed as a kid.  The rest of the game is a much, much bigger nightmare.  To this day it’s the only game I’ve tried to beat and just couldn’t.

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2018, 12:42:11 am »
Tatsujin (Truxton) rightfully translated to Expert (Mega Drive, PC Engine)

The King of Fighters XI defeating the final boss Magaki (PS2)

I second Magaki, fuck him however his theme is just the best.

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2018, 01:32:23 am »

Telly?

even on easy

can you remember?

I do remember that level, after the train car ride right? I think I would go down the cliff to the bunker on the left side and try to pick people off from there and work my way over. I remember it was still tough because of those rocket launching guys on top of those towers after you get on the other side of the cliff.

The hardest level for me was when you had to invade that house since the silenced pistol they give you was a total piece of junk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=52UnwwsGj3Q

I did play it on PS2

Thanks for the tips Telly :) Yea that mission you remembered correctly

Yea I managed to make it past the house with all the clocks (on easy) and the rest of the game. But when the game came to the depo, with the snipers with rockets shooting me from off the playview  I just quit because.

I thought the game was being vary cheap, blurring the screen in all so I could not see or hit the snipers who kept hitting me from the mountain from a distance, off viewpoint
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 01:35:25 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"