Author Topic: Worst comic book movies any universe  (Read 3167 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Worst comic book movies any universe
« on: June 25, 2018, 10:50:18 pm »
1.Catwoman
2.Green Lantern (wanted this movie to be great soooo bad but it sucked)
3.Fantastic Four (2015)
4.Fantastic Four (2007)
5.Batman & Robin (1997)
6.Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
7.Daredevil
8.Ghost Rider
9.The Shadow (1994)
10.Justice league

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Worst comic book movies any universe
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 11:13:59 pm »
I loved The Shadow.

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 11:28:48 pm »
There are several bad comic book movies that at least have some entertainment value from just how over-the-top they are, so it's tough to put them at the Top (or bottom as the case may be).  I would personally put Catwoman and Batman & Robin in this category.

1. Elektra
2. The Spirit
3. Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
5. Spawn
6. Dragonball: Evolution
7. Steel
8. Catwoman
9. Superman III
10. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I've not seen the majority of the broken amateurish ones, or at least not recently enough to state my opinion on how good they are (Captain America (1990), etc).

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 10:30:11 am »
Those are some pretty good movies being posted. I don't think The Spirit or Amazinger Spider-Man are bad movies at all. The Shadow was good and so was the first Fantastic Four movie.

For me, the worst comic book movie that I own is Captain America (1990) or The Punisher (1989). But I have not seen those movies in a long time, perhaps they aren't as bad as I rememeber.

soera

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 12:10:33 pm »
There is only one bad comic movie I can think of. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/

This movie should not exist.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 01:01:06 pm »
There is only one bad comic movie I can think of. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/

The first half works well as a sci-fi movie; when they're exploring the planet in the other dimension and whatnot. As soon as Doom appears and the super-heroics begin, it all falls apart, though.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 01:02:20 pm »
Those are some pretty good movies being posted. I don't think The Spirit or Amazinger Spider-Man are bad movies at all. The Shadow was good and so was the first Fantastic Four movie.

For me, the worst comic book movie that I own is Captain America (1990) or The Punisher (1989). But I have not seen those movies in a long time, perhaps they aren't as bad as I rememeber.

I hate the 1st Fantastic Four movie for turning Marvel's biggest villain into a joke. That was not the Doom that makes even Mephisto, Lord of the Underworld, fear him.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 02:39:40 pm »
I’m surprised no one has mentioned Howard the Duck yet.
Awful, awful movie, though it has enough weird stuff in it to make it worth a watch for the hell of it.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 04:20:03 pm »
I loved The Shadow.
I'll give it another shot but why Alex Baldwin? Just couldn't get past him being the shadow.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 04:22:05 pm by wartoy »

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 05:02:17 pm »
Any comic book movie

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 09:29:35 pm »
I loved The Shadow.
I'll give it another shot but why Alex Baldwin? Just couldn't get past him being the shadow.

What's wrong with Alec Baldwin?

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 10:40:10 pm »
Daredevil, Electra, Steel, Spider-Man 3, Batman v Superman, Steel, Batman & Robin, a few of those Reeve's Superman movies, etc...There's a lot of good and a lot of bad lol

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2018, 08:32:11 pm »

The first half works well as a sci-fi movie; when they're exploring the planet in the other dimension and whatnot. As soon as Doom appears and the super-heroics begin, it all falls apart, though.
agreed!!!!! Hated this movie!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2018, 08:38:44 pm »
I loved The Shadow.

What's wrong with Alec Baldwin?
don't  really know its been so long since I saw it but I think I Remember his nose looking really weird and didn't think he fit the part.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2018, 08:50:08 pm »
The Shadows nose always sticks way out over his little mouth scarf thing, that's part of his deal.