Author Topic: Most BS thing in video games  (Read 3123 times)

jcalder8

Re: Most BS thing in video games
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2018, 09:20:38 pm »
I hate rubber banding but since it's already been mentioned another thing I hate is when you increase the difficulty in a game but rather than the AI just getting better everything just doesn't go your way.

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2018, 10:44:36 pm »
Forced stealth in non-stealth games. I HATE stealth in video games with a passion and being forced to sneak around in a game just kills the pacing for me, and therefore my enjoyment of the game.

I too hate 3D stealth in a non stealth video game. One such game is "Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring" for PlayStation 2. early on in the game you need to sneak past 2 men on horses. these men ride up and down a path going back and forth and there is nowhere to hide, without being eventually seen. If you are seen a cut scene shows and you get a game over. if you do have a memory card, you can restart where you left off but there is only one path and there is nowhere to hide without being seen.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

rayne315

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 11:52:29 am »
poorly thought out movement controls. I was playing a game recently where you entered a tank and had to track it around but the controls were both joysticks forward for forward, both reverse for reverse, and one forward and one reverse to turn. the control for that tank was so poorly designed that a section that should have taken 5 minutes took an entire hour to beat.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

tripredacus

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 11:57:40 am »
Forced linear requirements: When a game expects you to complete an objective in a specific manner, and gives you a game over for attempting to do it in another way.

Forced tutorial events: cannot proceed unless you complete a tutorial. Or in the case of Tales of Zestiria, the combination of a forced tutorial and linear requirement.

greenman

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 01:03:19 pm »
When a game just freezes or stalls in the middle of play. Happens a lot on retro consoles. The worst is when it happens in games you can't save lol

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2018, 03:09:50 pm »
poorly thought out movement controls. I was playing a game recently where you entered a tank and had to track it around but the controls were both joysticks forward for forward, both reverse for reverse, and one forward and one reverse to turn. the control for that tank was so poorly designed that a section that should have taken 5 minutes took an entire hour to beat.

Another game
just like the one you mentioned rayne315 is

"Battlezone", arcade version. On Atari Anthology disc for PlayStation 2. It's exactly like this. If I remember correctly.

you also use 2 joysticks to go forward and, 2 joysticks to go backwards, and one up and one down to turn. Battlezone originally was a year 1980 arcade game, with primitive 3D graphics

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2018, 03:15:05 pm »
When a game just freezes or stalls in the middle of play. Happens a lot on retro consoles. The worst is when it happens in games you can't save lol

If it's a cartridge game that freezes it may just need cleaning with some 97% isopropyl alcohol on both the game cartridge contacts or/and the game console pins

If it's a CD or disc based game than you may need to either
1: Clean it or remove the scratches
2: or it may be disc rot in which there is no fix for this.

if there are any tiny holes in the disc backside or front side, you need to get a new disc copy of that game. You can find out by shining the disc toward a light with the top of the disc facing the light
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:19:30 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2018, 12:14:14 pm »
I use to put my PlayStation games in standard jewel cases to keep the originals in like new condition back in the day.

The biggest BS that I could think of was playing Metal Gear Solid. You know how long I was back tracking trying to find a cd case located within the game to get Meryl’s frequency to call her?
They kept telling me to check the cd case!!! WTH??

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2018, 02:09:54 pm »
When the CPU turns into a super star when they fall behind in Mario Kart or a sports game. NBA JAM was notorious for that.

sergreyjoy

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 02:38:50 pm »
In any Dragon Quest when the Life spell misses. What were they thinking?! Whenever you game over because of it it feels so cheap and stupid. Enrages me like nothing else!

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2018, 04:52:10 pm »
When the CPU turns into a super star when they fall behind in Mario Kart or a sports game. NBA JAM was notorious for that.

Which difficulty setting were you playing NBA JAM on? It's easy to lose focus in that game and I know the CPU does take advantage of that too. Sometimes it's a focus issue with me. if I start winning I start to get board then I stop my focus and then the CPU starts to get better as I lose focus.

But I usually win on easy with most sports game if I don't lose focus. On harder difficulty the CPU sometimes preys on your boredom. The trick with any sports game is to never lose focus while playing and to never feel sorry for the computer/opponent  when it's losing :)

I don't care what anyone says most sports games AI are even hard on the easiest setting, it also take lots a practice and mental endurance to get good. I feel comfortable when I have lots of time.

But in short games it's usually vary hard for me to win in any sports game if I don't have enough time to play the game.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 05:05:58 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED