Author Topic: Best Toys R' Us video game memories  (Read 2626 times)

kypherion

Re: Best Toys R' Us video game memories
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 01:22:36 am »
I went there and got sonic rush adventure. I didn't know any better so I really liked the game and still do.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

kashell

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2018, 11:16:04 am »
I remember our Toys R' Us having a PlayStation with Mega Man X4 set up. Similar to TC, I was glued to it the entire time while my folks went about their business. They didn't have to page me over the speakers, but Mega Man X4 was all I thought about until it was gifted to my brother.

Eventually, I got my own copy. It's still one of my favorite games of all time.
X4 is my favorite as well
My first X game. My favorite to this day.

You two folks are aight with me.

Flashback2012

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2018, 07:32:14 pm »
My best TRU memory is probably when I went to go get the Genesis right after it came out. I remember saving up for forever and a day in an effort to get one. My dad took me in the early evening and I remember when we were cashing out, I pulled out this wad of small bills, rolls of coins and sandwich bags of loose coins. I didn't account for tax so my dad had to help me out but it was like maybe $10-15 or so. I'm sure the cashier hated my guts but I was able to purchase it and remember being all excited to play Altered Beast when I got home.  :)

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 08:42:05 pm »
My best Toys R Us memory was convincing my best friend at the time to walk there with me to get a game.

I believe it was during the Christmas break in 1989. I had received just enough cash to get a Turbo Grafx game. My bike was stolen earlier that year and my friends bike had a flat, so we couldn't do the handle bars or pegs trade off. I remember telling him "it's just one more street until we're there". Must of repeated that at least 10 times or so LOL. I remember it being at least an hour and a half each way walking. I checked the distance prior to writing this (3.6 miles). When we finally got there, I went running to the game section to those flip card displays. I ended up getting R-Type for 69.99 + tax.

Well worth the 3 hour round trip walk in my eyes. My friend had a very different opinion.  :)

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2018, 01:17:19 pm »
My best Toys R Us memory was convincing my best friend at the time to walk there with me to get a game.

I believe it was during the Christmas break in 1989. I had received just enough cash to get a Turbo Grafx game. My bike was stolen earlier that year and my friends bike had a flat, so we couldn't do the handle bars or pegs trade off. I remember telling him "it's just one more street until we're there". Must of repeated that at least 10 times or so LOL. I remember it being at least an hour and a half each way walking. I checked the distance prior to writing this (3.6 miles). When we finally got there, I went running to the game section to those flip card displays. I ended up getting R-Type for 69.99 + tax.

Well worth the 3 hour round trip walk in my eyes. My friend had a very different opinion.  :)
haha this sounds exactly like a Blockbuster story of mine. I convinced a friend of mine when we were in middle school to walk to one of our local Blockbusters so I could rent Jetforce Gemini, despite there being a closer one. I remember walking there, getting the game and walking back he barely talked to me since I'm pretty sure he was pissed about it. Shortly after that he stopped wanting to hang out with me, I'm guessing he didn't like the 5-miles round trip walk we had lol

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 05:23:21 pm »
My brother buying High Frequency controllers for his PS1.  Those controllers weren't built to last.  They would break after a few months.  So my brother would buy a new one then the next day put the broken one in the package and get a refund.  Then when the controller he just bought failed, he'll do the same thing again.