Author Topic: July 2018 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 8361 times)

I travelled about 50-miles away to a town that I recently moved from in order to hit up some of my old hunting spots where I'd score from time to time. I'm not sure if I just so happened to go down there right when this stuff hit the shelves or if most of this stuff was just overlooked for days, but good lord today was probably the best day of game hunting I've had in 2018.

I paid around $160 total for everything which was all found between three different places. I found the DS games at an independent game store that caters more to current gen games so I'm assuming they didn't know much about these games since none of them were over $10 and some of them were as low as $2. PS2 games were also dirt cheap, except Obscure which was about half of ebay, so they had some idea what it was. I was also thrilled to find Castlevania Chronicles which is a repurchase for me.

Re: July 2018 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 02:09:13 am »
160 bucks is a lot homie

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 11:22:11 am »
160 bucks is a lot homie

Obscure and Futurama are worth that alone. I'm not unhappy with this lot at all :)

Another way you can look at it is I spent about $6.50 per game on average.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 11:26:00 am by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 11:47:53 am »
Got my biggest haul is ages at an auction about 45 minutes away.  I ended up paying more for it than I had hoped, because it didn't go up until the end, and the guy I was bidding against didn't show up until the end, but it was still not a terrible price.

$250 for a in the box NES Deluxe Set (and about 40 other games).  It was complete aside from Gyromite and the inserts, which I already had a copy of.  So I now have a completed boxed original NES set, and I am pretty stoked about it.

The 40 games was mostly commons, but about 20 that I didn't already have, including Contra.  But it also had the full Mario trilogy, Metal Gear, Bionic Commando and Clash at Demonhead.

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 12:34:29 pm »
160 bucks is a lot homie
Its not $3 NWC good but I think he did well if he's happy.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 02:42:30 pm »
Switch
Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy(Gamestop pre-order)

PS3
Binary Domain

Xbox
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 04:42:34 pm »
Finds from this week:
Purple GBC loose 1$
Star Wars Starfighter PS2 cib 1$
MLB 2K7 Xbox cib 1$
Nascar 07 Xbox cib 1$
Transworld Snowboarding Xbox sealed 1$
GCN link cable loose 1$
Looney Tunes Duck Amuck DS cib 1.67$
Ape Escape on the Loose PSP cib 1$
MLB Power Pros Wii cib 1.67$
Goldeneye 007 Wii loose 1$
Steel Diver 3DS cib 1.67$

shfan

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 11:16:39 am »
Well, I would have had something for this month's show and tell, but I brought home a £53 voucher from my favourite game shop instead, for later. There's lean times ahead, so my purchases are going to be £1ish things for my collection or for trading in towards something else. Also have £70 of CEX vouchers on the fridge and £230 credit at my favourite online game shop, so building a nice little nest of future purchases with swaps bought for the purpose or from cleaning the thin layer of crud that's accumulated in my collection.

spac316

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 04:55:56 pm »
Gamestop's having a 2 for 1 deal. So I got South Park Fractured But Whole and Okami HD for PS4 and Bullet Storm Full Clip for XBOne. Also got a shirt.

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 06:42:15 pm »
Gamestop's having a 2 for 1 deal. So I got South Park Fractured But Whole and Okami HD for PS4 and Bullet Storm Full Clip for XBOne. Also got a shirt.

Bulletstorm is oretty dope for the one time

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2018, 11:32:47 pm »

So much that I can't even fit it in one picture. 

Found a person on FB marketplace looking to offload their collection for cheap.  I offered to take the whole lot and she accepted. 

Xbox 360 elite in box
DS Lite
3DS
3DSXL
GBA SP NES Edition
Gameboy Color
A ton of DS games
Sealed Conker's Live and Reloaded and Banjo Nuts and Bolts LOL
Spyro Collection for PS1
Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission for GBA
and a ton of other stuff for way under the market rate.  One of the best pickups I've had all year

The rest were local finds at stores in the area or mail calls from FB groups I belong to.

Kuon I got from a local collector

3DO games from FB, and much of the Sega and Xbox games were also from FB. 

kypherion

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 01:17:51 am »
Mortal Kombat X
Sonic & Knuckles
DMC HD collection
DMC4 Special Edition

All on PC
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 06:10:41 pm »
Japanese versions of Persona 2 Innocent Sin & Persona 2 Eternal Punishment on PS1

sergreyjoy

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 03:56:33 pm »
My cousin was selling a few games recently and I picked up Disgaea Hour Of Darkness from him.

Thing is, it's a bit of a sentimental piece since it is a copy I used to own and that I sold him way back when. Which I had bought at our local Movie Rental place when they were selling off PS2 rentals to stock up in PS3 stuff. The Rental place closed 2-3 years ago. The name of the store and the phone number is still on the disc, written in marker.

shfan

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2018, 01:08:15 pm »
Filled a few bags with stuff I didn't want and went to my favourite game shop (again), got Elite Squad for the PS1 (it's the UK variant of CT Special Forces 2) for £25 of trade-in and also pocketed a £125 credit note, really happy to be clearing the crud from my collection and picking up goodies and credit instead.