Author Topic: Would you rather have $400 worth of Switch games or Playstation5 at launch?  (Read 1482 times)

When next gen kicks off?

$400 worth of Switch games, easy.

Most consoles simply don't launch with many games I care about. It would be a simple enough thing to wait a year or two for the software to catch up. This is assuming I'll want a PS5... for all I know, they'll botch it hard and I won't bother getting one at all.

Meanwhile, by the time the PS5 does hit, the Switch will have had a couple years to continue building its library. $400 is what, around 8 games at msrp? I'm sure I'll find 8 games I want.

Easy, the Switch games.

I rarely every buy launch consoles since typically the launch library for new consoles is small and mediocre at best. Funny enough the Switch is the only console I've bought at launch since the Wii. Both had new Zelda titles on them which sold me on the system. Sure, I could have bought them for their respective predecessors, but I thought it would be cool to play them on the cool new hardware, along with any other new games that looked appealing.

Despite how much I love the PS4, I didn't buy one until over 2-years after it came out since it took that long for there to be enough games on it that made it worth its MSRP to me.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 11:55:53 am by bikingjahuty »

azure

Probably the Switch games if there are actually that many that I would want. Getting a console at launch is always a disappointment it seems like to me, I always wait for more games/price drop.

sergreyjoy

No brainer, Switch titles. Launch line ups aren't much to write home about, even worst if it's Sony or Microsoft (Nintendo generally have better launches).

Now, hopefully it's 400$ of price dropped games otherwise it won't be much xD

rayne315

its actually too early for me to give you a good answer. we do not know specs for the ps5 or xbox 0 720 ultra so there is no way of telling if it will be a leap over current gen or a small increase of potential. we don't know if they will have physical. we don't know if there will be cross platform play. we don't know if it will be online only. we don't know if it will require ps+ or xbox gold. we don't know if they will be swapping to and entirely new architecture (require a new online service). we don't know if it will be vr only. we don't know if they will be digital only. we don't know if they will try and pull that impossible to re-sell games. but if the potential for a great console is there when we do know those kinds of things then I would 100% go with the ps5 over the $400 in games.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

The switch will be died by 2020. So I'll take the Playstation5.

Probably gonna go with PS5. Nintendo games are fun but in all honesty, Nintendo dropped the fucking ball hard with the Switch. I own a dozen Switch games and at this point, the only ones I found myself saying "wow this is a lot of fun," were Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart, and Rabbids Kingdom.

soera

Isnt most of the Switch library just Wii U titles anyhow?

Of course Id pick the P5.

jcalder8

PS5 by far! I live in Canada so it's going to be at least $600 by the time it launches and I would honestly just sell it for cash and by other things.

Not either at this point, I was far disappointed with the PS4 not being able to rip CD's and also not being powerful enough to run most the PS4 games off the disc. and downright pissed about how you need a additional external harddrive to store more games. And the fact that the PS4 was not backwards compatible. Like it's previous 2 consoles being the PS2 and PS3. I could have gotten an Xbox One but it was built almost the same as the PS4 so that too is out of the question.

I don't like how the recent game console market is going. I want physical copies to make a comeback but doubt it extremely at this point 7/8/2018
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

greenman

$400 of Japanese released original GameBoy games for $3 each on ebay, used, loose game only. Would be more fun than Switch or PS5 imo.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 01:29:28 pm by greenman »