Author Topic: Yup Turn The Vibrator off on your Controllers to save them  (Read 3168 times)

pzeke

Re: Yup Turn The Vibrator off on your Controllers to save them
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2023, 01:55:55 pm »
Nota bene: I was originally going to post this here, but that topic got shelved. I still feel the same regardless, so I'm opening the lid to express what I was going to say there since it's relative to this topic, more so taking this one into consideration (and there's plenty more; this palooka is a box full of inane ramblings).

I find it funny how once upon a time, a lion's share of you would go in a frenzy around these parts whenever a certain ineffable someone would make a post, so much so that a particular rule was enacted to counter and excuse the banning of said individual, and yet, here we are. Here we have this jabroni, posting utter gimcrack swill, and nothing orderly has been done. What a farce!

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2023, 02:42:01 pm »
Nota bene: I was originally going to post this here, but that topic got shelved. I still feel the same regardless, so I'm opening the lid to express what I was going to say there since it's relative to this topic, more so taking this one into consideration (and there's plenty more; this palooka is a box full of inane ramblings).

I find it funny how once upon a time, a lion's share of you would go in a frenzy around these parts whenever a certain ineffable someone would make a post, so much so that a particular rule was enacted to counter and excuse the banning of said individual, and yet, here we are. Here we have this jabroni, posting utter gimcrack swill, and nothing orderly has been done. What a farce!

First, I'll just point out that you can't really say that nothing orderly has been done, when you are also referencing two posts that have been moderated / closed.

Second, I wasn't a mod when the other poster you've mentioned was active, but what I always saw as the biggest issue was the repetitive posting of the same topic over and over again with only slight variations when most of it could have been contained to a single thread (there would have a been a lot of thread merging).  Say what you will about oldergamerz being that repetitive is not high on the list of things that I would accuse him of.

I am keeping an eye on things and taking action when I see something that is completely incomprehensible (which does seem to be getting worse), and will continue to do so.  I will also say we aren't going to give someone a warning for just being wrong or harmlessly weird about something (because I mean... turning the vibrate option off will save the battery on your controller), but just know that these things are being tracked.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 02:48:32 pm by Cartagia »

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2023, 02:10:40 am »
Glad you keep good eyes on things Spock. :)

I only post things for a reason and thank you for locking that old thread you did the correct thing ;)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2024, 04:03:15 am »
First, I'll just point out that you can't really say that nothing orderly has been done, when you are also referencing two posts that have been moderated / closed.

I don't think I have to spell it out for you; I'd like to believe you're smart enough to see where I was coming from and therefore be able to understand the overall message of what I was trying to convey with what I said, whether or not the situation was taken care of. I used to be empathic and amicable with the guy, but he's gone way off the rails crazy with his bullshit—most of everything he posts easily falls under the "Low Quality Posts" section of the forum rules. Not only that, but this dude has shown plenty of times that he doesn't care anymore with his passive-aggressive behavior, which the above post quite aptly shows. Y'all called seether a troll, but this saphead is the realest here. It somehow feels like he's the mascot of the forums, and I mean, sure, we could keep him as our pet, but, as it's the case with most any other pet, I'm sure everyone has already grown tired of the same trick. Psychotherapy is what they should give him.

Come to think of it, this bozo reminds me of a time agone when I was part of a forum, and this one guy ended up posting an "I'm sorry" thread explaining how he was faking being black and acting the way he was merely because he showed a big deal of admiration toward the admin, where he felt that somehow he hadn't achieved anything in his life because he wasn't black, given in his mind black people did that and more due to their oppression and cultural background and a bunch of other nonsense that I'm not going to even bother repeating here... It was a pathetic display, to say the least. Most of us, including the admin, showed compassion and actually gave the dude words of encouragement, but shortly after that, he went AWOL. Then, a few months later, a new user appeared, and after going about getting acquainted with the group, he started behaving erratically, posting utter garbage all over the forums, most peppered with conspiracy theories and how "the man" was bringing him and his fellow people down and a bunch of other crap. At first, we all replied to his ramblings, but then steadily everyone stopped, until one day the admin, I believe, was in a bad mood and called the dude out, posting a screenshot showing two IP addresses, both being the same, which meant this "new" user was in fact the guy from before. It was sad yet funny, if I'm being honest, but sadly, after that, things died down, and the admin, as many of us noticed, wasn't the same. Eventually the admin decided to make the forums private, essentially accessible through membership only, until one day we all got a 404 page, with his other websites following suit.

And for the sake of clarity, I'm not implying anything with that anecdote, but as I stated once, this guy shouldn't be going around the Internet if he's mentally impaired—we're not his caregivers.

Second, I wasn't a mod when the other poster you've mentioned was active, but what I always saw as the biggest issue was the repetitive posting of the same topic over and over again with only slight variations when most of it could have been contained to a single thread (there would have a been a lot of thread merging).  Say what you will about oldergamerz being that repetitive is not high on the list of things that I would accuse him of.

You not being a moderator back then is utterly irrelevant, but knowing you were going to be the one to reply to my post, I had my suspicion you'd make mention of it somehow. But sure, seether harping on about stocks is "repetitive", but this mook blathering on about being cyberbullied by an Internet boogeyman, conspiracy theories up the wazoo, and all the other tinfoil hogwash he spews (among other crusty drool) since way before the former joined the forums isn't. Get the frag outta here! Bullshit is bullshit; it doesn't matter the color of the stool.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2024, 06:33:02 am »
His string of recent outbursts did result in a temporary ban.

pzeke

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2024, 10:18:52 am »
His string of recent outbursts did result in a temporary ban.

I combed his post history after my reply and noticed that you swatted him down in his last post and that he last logged in on the 20th, which, putting two and two together, I figured he was likely banned after recalling that seether would log in while banned, too, but I obviously wasn't going to ask that upfront. I still happen to be opposed to the "Low Quality Posts" rule just as much as I was back then, given that I believe the way it was brought about was wholly prejudicial and a roundabout way of dealing with a non-issue, or in the simplest of terms, a Grand Canyon–sized load of bullshit, pardon my French. Nevertheless, if we're to have such a "rule", then it should be enforced without question when a user ends up behaving the way oldgamerz has. Hopefully this temporary ban mellows him out a bit and he thinks before clicking "post", clicking "preview" instead to proofread his thoughts because the majority of the things he posts truly don't belong here. That said, I reckon he often makes sincere attempts to contribute and participate, just like seether did before him, so that's what I hope he continues doing when he returns. Even if my last post says otherwise, I don't have anything against the guy.

ferraroso

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2024, 08:50:43 pm »
Gotta admit oldgamerz's post have always entertained me in a way... haha