Author Topic: What is better between retro games or modern games?  (Read 1198 times)

What is better between retro games or modern games?
« on: July 11, 2018, 05:55:03 pm »
?

Re: What is better between retro games or modern games?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 06:03:17 pm »
I'll assume it's whatever your into.  More modern games are bigger and easier and have movie like graphics most of the time. with more being free to play than with previous generations. But I only buy retro currently :-\

Currently I like retro
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pizzasafari

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 06:38:42 pm »
Caveman-era retro, with sticks and rocks. My personal favourite is "Urg murg", it's a game where you take it in turns to beat each other with sticks and the first one to die loses. It's fun but I'm running out of friends to play it with.

stealthrush

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 07:07:29 pm »
subjective. I prefer playing arcade oriented retro games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 07:38:30 pm »
Some retro games are better, and some modern games are better. Some retro games are shit, and some modern games are shit.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 07:54:11 pm »
For me modern games have been consuming much more of my time and I love next gen gaming extremely much, I'm just very absorbed by the advancement of technology.  I do think retro games were consitently more innovative, unique, and had much more artistic passion though but new games are just technical marvels that are at the very least more outstanding. 

Back in the 80s and 90s, gaming wasn't quite as blown up and each and every game seemed to have so much of the developers soul put in,  the games had more heart it seemed. And now their is a lot of recycling for the sake of profits.  And the disgusting tactics for pay to play or pay to win and all the DLC b.s. 

But for every DLC ridden trash fest is a TLOU or a GTA V.  Those games depth alone is insane :D.     

In general for me, newer games are a culmination of all of what the retro games gave, and without them the new games wouldn't be here, but the new games are the new standard until they keep improving upon themselves.  It's kind of awesome to watch it unfold. 

Their are pros and cons to both sides for sure. :)

Retro Pros-  Uniqueness, Couch Co-op, timeless design, nostalgia, soundtracks seemed to have been better,  more challenging and diverse, load times

Retro Cons-  No Online Multiplayer,  dated visuals, shortened story lines, memory constraints, vague plots.

Modern pros-  Visuals, Insane movie like storylines and plots,  online interactions, UI, hubs, interfaces, app and internet usage.

Modern Cons-  Pay to play, DLC, micro trans,  crazy load times, have to install everything,  alot of the same stuff, (FPS at every corner) and not a whole lot of creativity.

As a whole, both are essential to love and enjoy.  :)

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 09:40:11 pm »
What kind of question is that? There's thousands of reasons why people play new or old games.  None wrong or right.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:36:19 am by badATchaos »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 05:15:55 pm »
What kind of question is that? There's thousands of reasons why people play new or old games.  None wrong or right.

The Gentleman, Bad@Tacos, has the right answer here.

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 05:41:25 pm »
Objectively better? I guess modern games due to better hardware, graphics, sound, gameplay, and everything else that makes a video game. However, whether someone thinks a certain game or era of games is better is absolutely subjective and there is no wrong or right answer.

I personally prefer retro games by a hair, but I love both.

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 11:20:06 pm »
Caveman-era retro, with sticks and rocks. My personal favourite is "Urg murg", it's a game where you take it in turns to beat each other with sticks and the first one to die loses. It's fun but I'm running out of friends to play it with.

How many friends are you down to? You must be really good at this game if they are all dying and you still stand.

pizzasafari

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 08:08:26 pm »

How many friends are you down to? You must be really good at this game if they are all dying and you still stand.

That's the trick, I don't have any friends. Apparently no-one wants to play with a homicidal sociopath mentally stuck in the stone ages. Wrong generation, let me tell you.