Author Topic: Do You Watch Video Game Related Videos? Which Kind Do You Prefer?  (Read 1399 times)

I do!! I like to watch mostly video game reviews  that are long and detailed, I am not really a fan of short reviews that only last 4 minutes or shorter. I understand it may be easier that way to make a short 4 minute review and don't cover barely any of what the game itself is about.

I don't  hit the dislike button normally never. But I like long videos but not usually hour long videos but maybe maybe 20 minutes or so. But i usually don't hit the like button vary often either

I also enjoy collection room tours, but not as much as at least a 12 minute game review or anything game related to be honest :)

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:20:24 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Do You Watch Video Game Related Videos? Which Kind Do You Prefer?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 03:24:43 am »
I watch people do Lets Plays, stream games, and I watch some review stuff.

stealthrush

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 03:45:37 am »
2D fighting games; Combo compilations, tournaments. and graphical comparison videos.

mark1982

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 05:08:49 am »

easyallies.com

Fantastic content from the Easy Allies crew. This is my go to place for reviews since they pretty much are on par with my tastes in gaming. On top of that they produce a tonne of great content. Game Sleuth and Don't Skip covers retro games with great insight and knowledge behind the game.

Their E3 reactions are great too, been following these guys since their GameTrailers days.
  l    l 

kypherion

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 05:21:31 am »
Lore videos, walkthroughs, glitch videos, playthroughs, mods for video games, tips n tricks, the whole nine yards.

Combos, fails, epic wins, penta/team/whatever kill you name it.

Speedruns too.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 08:50:39 am »
Reviews, speedruns, let's plays, Kotaku's Highlight Reel, Top 10s... I dabble in a little bit of all.

The key is, I think, to find personalities or channels that present it in a way you like.  The only Let's Players I really watch are the Game Grumps (and sometimes Markiplier), and I rarely if ever watch livestreams, as the personalities tend to really grate on my nerves.

I try to avoid video guides as those hosts are usually obnoxious as hell (HEY GUYS WELCOME BACK TO ANOTHER VIDEO LET ME TALK FOR 2 MINUTES BEFORE SHOWING YOU THIS ONE NEAT TRICK), but sometimes necessary if I'm having trouble locating an item or pulling off a move.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 11:08:42 am »
Mostly reviews on newer games, the Game Chasers (I said them specifically because I can't stand most other game hunting channels), some retro game review channels, and video game music.

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 11:57:10 am »
Reviews lore videos game and game hunting channels.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 12:39:43 pm »
Reviews (Classic Game Room, MetalJesusRocks, GameSack, etc.) and nostalgia stuff like G4 Icons and The Video Game Years.

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 12:55:29 pm »
Reviews (Classic Game Room, MetalJesusRocks, GameSack, etc.) and nostalgia stuff like G4 Icons and The Video Game Years.
I love rewatching old Gametrailers' GT Countdowns. They were a big driving force in getting me interested in collecting video games.

Agozer

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 04:19:50 pm »
I usually watch Let's Plays of games that I'm playing or have played myself. I don't watch streams too much because I feel that so many streamers are more interested in the chat than paying attention to the game.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 05:31:26 pm »
I do watch a good handful of YouTube videos.  I even made a little content a few years ago.  It was fun, to do.  I even got a little traction on my channel. 

I watch a lot GameChasers, Gaming Historian, Midwest Retro Gamers, Bad GraFx Gamers, MichaelBtheGameGenie, BeatemUps, DreamcastGuy, PattheNESPunk, etc.  I don't watch as much as a I used to, but I'm watching GameChasers right now.

sergreyjoy

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 12:38:31 pm »
Mostly live streams of special events nowadays, like AGDQ/SGDQ, the EVO fighting tournaments, Starcraft 2 championships, ect. ect.

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 02:35:28 pm »
I usually watch the Metal Jesus videos or “how to” arcade videos. I also like watching the “I’m not buying it” RadiumZ clips.
Mostly I watch collection videos to get ideas on shelving/storage etc.

thewelshman

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 04:15:47 pm »
I mostly watch ProJared's Let's Play videos. I'm subscribed to a lot of gamers like the Completionist, Caddicarus, Metal Jesus Rocks, Radical Reggie, and several others, but I don't watch them as often. ProJared has a lot of D&D video games that are great background noise for when I'm playing.