Author Topic: Isis Ice  (Read 2235 times)

Isis Ice
« on: July 16, 2018, 04:15:12 am »
Why is there a character named Isis Ice in The Urbz?

reconstructed post -

This thread was answered thank you Seether & totallycrushed  :)

I edited the post because I didn't think the topic would go so well. It was about EA having you wrangle Pigeons for ISIS. and the fact that your first task is  working for the mafia first even vandalizing another NPC business. (in the text) and even the fact some of the characters.  and one NPC even wants you to mug 3 other NPC's once you make a relationship with them

This was a T for teen game and it may include things such as mugging

It all in the text of The Urbz The Sims in The City
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 07:26:44 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

totallycrushed

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 12:50:26 pm by totallycrushed »

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Isis_Ice

Isis Ice, the character  ::)

tripredacus

Re: (Solved) Please Remove Or Lock Thread
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 10:34:36 am »
What is the reason for self censoring the first post and thread title?

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 12:43:33 pm »

Based off the other posts, I'd imagine it was a post about being upset at a character in the Sims being named Isis, thinking that they were named after the terrorist group, forgetting about the other connotations of the name that had been around for the previous 5,000 years.

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 12:58:10 pm »

Based off the other posts, I'd imagine it was a post about being upset at a character in the Sims being named Isis, thinking that they were named after the terrorist group, forgetting about the other connotations of the name that had been around for the previous 5,000 years.

They aren't even called ISIS anymore anyways. They haven't used that name in years. The US/UK media keeps using it, blame them. Initially they were ISIS, then ISIL, then IS. Either Islamic State (IS) or Daesh are appropriate and current names for them. The other two names are outdated and should only be used in an historical context. Accurate Western media representation: Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL). You will find the usage of Daesh primarily from translated Arabic sources.

There is no reason to self-censor this topic, return something to the title and first post. It is a valid question and I'm sure there are plenty of people who do not know the answer.

totallycrushed

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 01:09:37 pm »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 12:50:48 pm by totallycrushed »

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 01:11:37 pm »
It's a shame, really, that people assume that acronym is the first usage. There is a local beauty shop named ISIS, around for over 10 years, and they had to change their name and marketing a few years back because they were getting phone calls and people walking in from off the street making really nasty remarks.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 01:54:28 pm »
Grasping at straws trying to make a connection to the terrorist group to make some kind of a conspiracy theory

Well I don't think we need all of that, i put something there in the first post, enough to keep the replies relevant. :)

In regards to all, we would request that a user should never delete any of their posts like this. Instead, ask a mod to handle such things, whether to delete or lock a thread, or maybe they can offer an idea of how to reword something. It becomes a real problem when people erase their posts in this manner, especially when there are replies to it.

rayne315

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 02:42:10 pm »
well if anyone has ever heard of AYDS diet candy (pronounced AIDS) you know too well what happens to something after the fact. it was an appetite suppressant chocolate from the late 1940's to the early 1990's they were apparently really popular in the 70's but because of the increasing knowledge of AIDS in the late 80's sales dropped by more than half initiating a rebranding/renaming that eventually killed the product.

There is also a Belgian chocolate company that is named ISIS and has been around since 1923. they also had to change their name a while back because of the Islamic militants.

Another one that is more widley known is the origins of the Swastika today if and when people see it they crucify people/cultures/religions because of it but the first ever recorded example was in 3000 bc but what I am referring to is the hindu symbol which stands for something along the lines of maker of good. when I was in elementary school and learning about ww2 I remember there was a news story about someone that broke into a hindu place of worship somewhere around my city and broke a bunch of statues depicting the symbol.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Re: Isis Ice
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 03:01:36 pm »
Isn't Isis an ancient Egyptian bird god?

desocietas

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 04:14:24 pm »

Are you thinking of Horus?

I think there are a few bird headed gods.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 05:35:16 pm »

Are you thinking of Horus?

I think there are a few bird headed gods.
No I just looked it up and I must have mis remembered it because apparently Isis was the mother of Horus.

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 07:23:10 pm »

I edited the post because I didn't think the topic would go so well.

It was about the game having you wrangle Pigeons for ISIS. and the fact that your first task is  working for the mafia first even vandalizing another NPC business. (in the text) and even the fact some of the characters.  and one NPC even wants you to mug 3 other NPC's once you make a relationship with them

This was a T for teen game and it may include things such as mugging

It all in the text of The Urbz The Sims in The City
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 07:30:30 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

aliensstudios

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 09:49:03 pm »

... All I can say is that between this guy and Seether we've had some real gold in the forums lately.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."