Author Topic: Do you like your job?  (Read 2543 times)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

Re: Do you like your job?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 02:56:08 am »
If you don't like your job, and you have no other obligations (as in kids, wife, rent, etc), then i say quit.  Like someone mentioned before, life is too short to be miserable doing the same damn thing every day.

There's thousands of jobs out there, and the only thing holding you back from landing one is yourself. you will feel so much better doing something your passionate about. If you put your mind to it, you can do anything kid  ;)

rayne315

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2018, 10:56:21 am »
If you don't mind me asking, what is your job?

And I guess I like my job. I get tip money too so being a busser is cool I guess.

Im a hydraulics engineer for E91 (an engineering firm) subcontracted to John Deere. I work in Deere's construction and forestry Department concepting all hydraulics/HST lines and systems for Crawlers (Bulldozers) and to a lesser extent routings for fuel/AC/heater/DEF lines.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2018, 12:12:57 pm »
I'd like to switch over to a broadcast technician, or maybe flip the script entirely and learn how to become an electrician. Does anyone here do that?

My dad's an electrician. Primarily for aerospace, but he can go more general work too.

As with all things, the company you work for makes a huge difference. The one he's at now has been faltering with their management as of late, leading to some truly bullshit hours (work 12-15 a day, 6-7 days a week, for a couple months so we make deadline. Then we're cutting you to 10 hours a week to make up for all the overtime money we spent.) If you're serving the general public with repair jobs, you're dependent entirely on people having issues to get you your paycheck.

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2018, 10:38:08 pm »
I enjoy my job, i work in Liquor distribution. It's an easy government job. :)

sergreyjoy

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2018, 02:19:34 pm »
I'm a Technology Expert at a Toyota Dealership. Which is a fancy title for the person who pairs old people's phone with their car via bluetooth. It's super chill and the team here is fun, so yea, I like my job. Lots of loafing around but that gives me time to do video game related things in my office hehehe  8)

sergreyjoy

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2018, 02:24:01 pm »
If you don't like your job, and you have no other obligations (as in kids, wife, rent, etc), then i say quit.  Like someone mentioned before, life is too short to be miserable doing the same damn thing every day.

There's thousands of jobs out there, and the only thing holding you back from landing one is yourself. you will feel so much better doing something your passionate about. If you put your mind to it, you can do anything kid  ;)

I wholeheartedly agree. I lived by that ever since I graduated and life's been a blast and in the process I learned so many skills! Don't be afraid to move and try new things! Broadens your horizons so much and gives you confidence  ;D

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2018, 04:34:57 pm »
No 'cause of a low salary.  I started to cooperate with Potentia recruitment company as it helps to find a work in both permanent and contract positions throughout New Zealand. Hope with their help I'll find new job as SQL Developer in the nearest future.

kashell

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2018, 12:13:01 pm »
I like my job. For the first time ever, I can actually say that.

I wouldn't turn down becoming instantly wealthy, of course.