Author Topic: WWF No Mercy for N64 Version 1.0 vs 1.1  (Read 2988 times)

WWF No Mercy for N64 Version 1.0 vs 1.1
« on: July 25, 2018, 06:39:50 am »
If you are new to collecting or have a WWF no mercy for Nintendo 64 cartridge lying around you need to be aware that there is (more than 1) version of this game, (one version of this game has a nasty bug that erases all your progress at random while the other one is suppose to have this issue fixed.

Can someone identify why mine does not have the same version on the front as it says on the back?

On the back of the WWF No Mercy cartridge it should tell you but mine says it is a different version on the front then on the back. if you got the working version of this game or if you own the broken version of this video game I think the fixed versions say this somewhere on the back of this N64 cartridge

Fixed version is supporse front
NUS USA CAN- 1
fixed version on the back
NUS USA CAN- 1

broken version on front
NUS USA CAN

Mine have On The Front
MODEL#NUS-006 (USA)
NUS-NW4E -USA

AND ON THE BACK
NUS-USA/CAN-1

the point of this thread is to both  warn people and have a possibly "WWF No Mercy Discussion" you should get the version that says that says NUS USA CAN- 1 both on the front and back according to my research
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 06:48:45 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: WWF No Mercy for N64 Version 1.0 vs 1.1
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 09:21:23 am »
We have reached a point in time where it's possible for the shell of the cartridge to not be the one the game started out with. While those codes are still helpful, it might be good to see if there's a reliable marking on the board to guarantee having the fixed version.

Re: WWF No Mercy for N64 Version 1.0 vs 1.1
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 11:13:30 am »
We have reached a point in time where it's possible for the shell of the cartridge to not be the one the game started out with. While those codes are still helpful, it might be good to see if there's a reliable marking on the board to guarantee having the fixed version.

I do know that some retro shops do this and also this is how fakes can be distributed, but this is still a heavy cartridge just like my broke old one in which said it was version 1.1 but it always reset at random

both are a black cartridge and the sticker is what you'd expect for an old game
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 11:16:26 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"