Author Topic: September & October will be packed with New Releases - What are you picking up?  (Read 3342 times)

mark1982

This doesn't include every game, just US releases. If any are missing please add them into your lists  ;D

SEPTEMBER

4th:   Dragon Quest XI
7th:   Spider Man, SNK Heroines
11th: NBA 2K19
14th: Shadow of The Tomb Raider
21st: Spyro Reignited Trilogy
25th: Valkyria Chronicles 4
27th: Life is Strange 2, The World Ends with You: The Final Remix (NS)
28th: Dragon Ball Fighter Z (NS), FIFA 19

OCTOBER

2nd:  Forza Horizon 4, Mega Man 11, Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
5th:   Super Mario Party, Assassin's Creed Odyssey
9th:   Disgaea 1 Complete, WWE 2K19
12th: Black Ops IIII
16th: Lego DC Super Villains, Warriors Orochi 4
19th: Battlefield V, Soul Calibur VI
26th: Red Dead Redemption 2
30th: Call of Cthulhu: The Official Video Game

For me I'm only getting these on release:

Spider Man
Mega Man 11
Red Dead Redemption 2
Call of Cthulhu

Probably pick up at a later point:

Shadow of The Tomb Raider
Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
Assassin's Creed Odyssey

I'm actually really looking forward to Assassin's Creed Odyssey for the Roman theme. I don't pick up Assassin's Creed games on launch though because of all the the UBISOFT bugs. I'll wait it out till it's fully patched.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 01:12:17 pm by mark1982 »
  l    l 

Nothing.

I decided to put money each month toward retirement and purchases of shares instead of video games.

I have Disgaea 1 complete on pre-order for a gift- but otherwise, nothing from these lists is really my thing. My fiancé might get Valkyria 4.

Plus, I do very little game shopping around that time of year- it's discouraging to people who buy me Christmas presents if I just go merrily pick up anything they might want to get.

Read Dead 2 is the only one on that list I'm super interested in, and definitely the only one I'm interested in paying close to full price for.

ferraroso

I wasn't aware that Spyro's trilogy had a release date already.
I love remakes and remasters, so I'm definitely going to get one.

Also, Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4-Plus: Summer Memories (Disaster Report 4) is going to be released on October 25th here in Japan. I love this series and have being waiting for this one since it was originally revealed in 2010 (OVER EIGHT YEARS AGO), so I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hands on it!!

turf

PRO Supporter

Spider-Man
Mega Man 11

Then.....  RED DEAD REDEMPTION!!

I’ve been waiting on RDR2 for years. I cannot wait.

soera

WTF are you people? Not one response so far mentioned D R A G O N  Q U E S T  X I ...... Seriously, nothing else on this list is going to touch DQ XI.

argyle

WTF are you people? Not one response so far mentioned D R A G O N  Q U E S T  X I ...... Seriously, nothing else on this list is going to touch DQ XI.

I have had this 2-part conversation w/ a Gamestop employee over the past month or so, if it helps:

Him: Ooo, what about that Code Vein?
Me: Nope, it's releasing too close to Dragon Quest, it'll have to wait.
Him: It looks so good tho!
Me: Dragon. Quest.

couple weeks later....

Him: Did you hear? Code Vein got delayed. :(
Me: Yeah, I was happy to hear that.
Him: What!?!? Oh that's right, you said you're getting Dragon Quest.
Me: Yes. NOTHING else will compete with Dragon Quest, that game is getting played day-1. 

So, here's my Sept-Oct. pickups. Only others I may grab will be any LRG/Play-Asia/etc. limited print runs that get announced & catch my eye.

Dragon Quest XI - 9/4
Spidy (w/ system) - 9/7
Spyro Trilogy - 9/21

AC Odyssey  - 10/2
Home Sweet Home (GS exclusive) - 10/16
SoulCalibur VI - 10/19
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Read Dead 2 is the only one on that list I'm super interested in, and definitely the only one I'm interested in paying close to full price for.
Put my foot in my mouth.  I forgot about Mega Man 11, which I am super stoked about.

Valkyria Chronicles 4, Mega Man 11, Battlefield V, and probably Red Dead Redemption 2.  There's other stuff I'm sorta interested in, but not planning to get at launch.

kashell

Valkyria 4 and Mega Man 11.

Maybe Gungrave VR if I feel like spending all 'dat money on VR stuff.

kypherion

Not any of the new stuff, probably just order some xbox games or something.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

desocietas

Don't worry, I already got mine pre-ordered.

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

I forgot about DQ XI! I'll need to put it on my wishlist

So many PS4 games to play  :o
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

soera

Don't worry, I already got mine pre-ordered.

I have had this 2-part conversation w/ a Gamestop employee over the past month or so, if it helps:

Him: Ooo, what about that Code Vein?
Me: Nope, it's releasing too close to Dragon Quest, it'll have to wait.
Him: It looks so good tho!
Me: Dragon. Quest.

couple weeks later....

Him: Did you hear? Code Vein got delayed. :(
Me: Yeah, I was happy to hear that.
Him: What!?!? Oh that's right, you said you're getting Dragon Quest.
Me: Yes. NOTHING else will compete with Dragon Quest, that game is getting played day-1. 

So, here's my Sept-Oct. pickups. Only others I may grab will be any LRG/Play-Asia/etc. limited print runs that get announced & catch my eye.

Dragon Quest XI - 9/4
Spidy (w/ system) - 9/7
Spyro Trilogy - 9/21

AC Odyssey  - 10/2
Home Sweet Home (GS exclusive) - 10/16
SoulCalibur VI - 10/19

YAY! My peeps. :D