Author Topic: Companies releasing their games on 9/11. Is it distasteful in your opinion?  (Read 3706 times)

soera

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

LMAO, this actually made me snort.

telly

If people couldn't do anything on a day where something bad happened, nothing would get done any day of the year.

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Well at least this thread generated some actual discussion, not unlike the last thread posted from someone I know...  :P

Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Flashback2012

No. Stop trying to scrounge for some sort of manufactured outrage. Based on the replies in this thread it's apparent there isn't any so stick to your usual nonsensical posts. 9/11 was certainly tragic and I'll never get the visual of that 2nd plane hitting the tower out of my head but there are days on the calendar where the number of fatalities dwarfs the amount of lives lost on 9/11. Where's your outrage for games published on August 6th?  ::)

No. Stop trying to scrounge for some sort of manufactured outrage. Based on the replies in this thread it's apparent there isn't any so stick to your usual nonsensical posts. 9/11 was certainly tragic and I'll never get the visual of that 2nd plane hitting the tower out of my head but there are days on the calendar where the number of fatalities dwarfs the amount of lives lost on 9/11. Where's your outrage for games published on August 6th?  ::)

You wanna know something crazy? I've never seen the 9/11 footage. Still pictures, sure, but none of the video. We'd just moved when it happened and didn't have cable hooked up yet. I experienced it via radio. By the time we had TV again, the media was actively avoiding it to prevent people from being upset. I'm sure I could look it up now, but... I don't really want to? I don't really want to see people actively being murdered if I can avoid it.

Also, the fact that I had to google August 6th to see what happened shows just how screwy our ability to recognize tragedies is.