Author Topic: Resident Evil 2 Cover & Collectors Edition Revealed  (Read 832 times)

mark1982

Resident Evil 2 Cover & Collectors Edition Revealed
« on: August 01, 2018, 05:44:50 am »
Actually revealed a few days ago, but didn't see a thread about here. Seems like it's a Gamestop exclusive for now going at $200. Quite high honestly but the Leon Statue does look nice, especially the detail.

I just might cave and get this, I haven't got a collector's edition in a while, but RE2 is one of my favorite games of ALL TIME!  :P

Plus the amount of DLC costumes is good too since I always re-play these type of games changing the outfits in different play-throughs. The last RE game was solid and enjoyed my experience with it even though it was a different formula.

Anybody else thinking about picking this up?

Here's a bonus pic of Claire on a Harley - I do like her re-design here compared to Revelations 2.

l    l 

Re: Resident Evil 2 Cover & Collectors Edition Revealed
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 05:55:34 am »
I actually hadn't seen that was the proper cover, I just kept seeing the placeholder text cover around and I was getting slightly worried that would be it lol I was sorta tempted to get the collector's edition, but with a need to save money and that price being honestly way too high, I'll probably just stick with the Deluxe edition.  Much the same as what you said, I'll probably replay this a few times if it's got good replay value, as RE games tend to be, so extra costumes and the original soundtrack to play with would be fun.  Kinda sucks they aren't unlocks like in the past, but that's the world we live in now.

I'm not 100% on Claire's redesign myself, mostly due to her face.  I think it makes her look extra young and seems a tad off because of that.  She's apparently 19 in RE2 originally, but the face here, if she's meant to be of similar age, looks like she's 16 or something.  Maybe it's just the angles, like in the trailer and that motorcycle shot, her face honestly looks a tad better on the cover there, but otherwise much better outfit.  I forgot that Claire's look in the original RE2 wasn't great lol
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 06:13:00 am by kamikazekeeg »

kashell

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 08:01:00 am »
What the hell happened to Leon's face?!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 10:40:16 am »
Leon's face? What about Claire's? I REALLY like Alison Court, and Claire's likeness was based off of her (and she was the voice actor for Claire):

That said, it's not like it's gonna make me not play the game. That's a day 1 purchase for me, and I don't do that often.

Though, I'm not dropping $200 for the collector's edition. That's just crazy. I could get a console for that much.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:10:24 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 12:56:17 pm »
Looks cool, but haven’t been getting many collectors editions lately. $200 is pretty steep. Most of the pack in stuff on CE’s I would never buy separate. Probably the reason company’s do it now. It’s a way to sell their statues, soundtracks, art books etc.

azure

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 09:30:13 am »
>$200

Yeah, no.