Author Topic: How Many Still Watch TV Or Have Some Kind Of Cable Service?  (Read 2852 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: How Many Still Watch TV Or Have Some Kind Of Cable Service?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 04:16:21 pm »
I hate having to wait a year to watch my favorite shows on Netflix, especially being a comic fan and there being so many comic shows out there.

Hulu used to be great for that, and I used it. But this last year, they dropped a lot of network's shows from their line-up. And then many that are still there have limited runs, meaning you only have a few days to watch them then they disappear.

I feel like it's worth it having my cable and DVR. And I do a bundle deal, so I also pay for my internet and home phone (I know, home phone, but it's actually cheaper with the bundle deal to have it) in one price. Just under $100 for all 3, with the middle-tier cable package (Top 200 channels and local stations, I want to say) with DVR service.

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 05:54:46 pm »
do you consider the internet some sort of cable service? I have always been staunchly against cable/satellite tv because the whole business plan never made sense to me. why would I want to pay $150 a month for 600 channels when I only watch a hand full of channels? on top of that they have been adding morew and more commercials over the years so they are making money on top of the money I am spending to see them.

if they want my money (especially now a days) then they can offer a package that you only pay for the channels you watch. I would be very happy to spend 1-3 bucks a channel a month and only get the channels I care about.

There is a free cable service or at least it used to be free called "Rabbit TV" you used to basically buy a cheap USB device for your PC and such and it gives you internet television but according to my personal experience the USB thingy breaks easy and you can basically ruin your USB ports if you're not careful and according to amazon it has receive  poor reviews
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 08:06:59 pm »
Ditched the cable service here. I was paying $160 a month because in order to view sports, you have to get the higher tiered package.
Got an antenna for local plus Netflix and Hulu on a fire stick. Most of the channels I use to watch on cable have an app I can view recent broadcasts with anyway. I still buy a lot of blu rays as well, so I’m not missing cable at all.

ouch, what cable company charges $160 a month? were you getting 600+ channels? or were you ordering pay per view things?

I pay $104 for
2 box rentals
250+ channels
I also pay for warranty to have free tech visits

I have DISH NETWORK

I forget what the whole breakdown was. I was tier 2 for CSN and ESPN, something like 250 channels. I had 3 boxes. It was $10 per box + $5 extra per box if you wanted to watch in HD WooooHooooo!!!!! The best part was ordering pay per view. Even though you paid the monthly charge for an HD box, the HD fights were always $10 more (It's COMCASTIC!!!!). Got rid of it about 3 years ago along with the landline phone. Went wireless on the security system, so didn't need the home phone anymore either.

kypherion

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 08:43:08 pm »
Nah, I dumped Dish. The only thing close now is streaming like Netflix and Crunchyroll and I hardly use those anyway.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2018, 12:16:54 pm »
The last time I had cable TV was when I was still living at home back in 2010. Since moving out I've never had it once and I don't miss it at all. Going back home to my mom's house or going somewhere else that has cable, I'm reminded how crappy it is; you have hundreds of channels and on those channels you are lucky if there are 5 or 6 decent shows to watch. Given how expensive cable is I can't think of few bigger wastes of money.

I have been a subscriber of Netflix ever since they were DVD mailing service only and overall I've been happy with them all this time. I also have Prime, but admittedly I use it more for deals on Amazon purchases and free shipping more than it's streaming service.

sergreyjoy

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 01:30:40 pm »
Never had cable ever since I moved out of my mom's place. Prices are retarded.

Plus, I rarely ever watch anything and if I do it's mostly anime, so I always switch back and forth between netflix and crunchyroll.