Author Topic: August 2018 - Recently added to collection/recently purchased  (Read 5871 times)

kypherion

Re: August 2018 - Recently added to collection/recently purchased
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2018, 01:08:41 pm »
Halo 3 ODST
Lost Odysssey
Halo Reach Limited Edition (I believe I got that early August)
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2018, 02:40:59 am »
I'm finally back from vacation and i tried to hit the shops i could find on my way back home, sadly i've mostly found overpriced stuff so i have abandoned after the sixth shop but i've still got a few things from a little used shop i've found just after i've passed the Spanish border (the shop was on clearance because it was going out of business :().

PS3
Deadpool
Ironman 2
LittleBig Planet

PS4
The Surge

PSP
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (it's the US version, but i can't seem to find a good price for the European version, this one was only 10€ at -50% off so only 5 bucks to finally be able to play that game)

Wii
Eledees (i've never seen or heard about this game before and it was only 0.50€ so i don't take much risk and maybe it will be a good surprise)

And i've found a few movies (and series) for my Video Games movies collection:
Hooked & Hooked 2: Next Level
Monster Rancher Box 1 & 2 (the first 48 episodes, episodes 49-73 have never been released in France >:()
Nirvana
Red Faction: Origins
Sakura Taisen

That makes me remember that before going to vacation i wanted to create a poll to see what the others users would accept in the "Swag - Promo Videos/ Movies" category, it's been in my thoughts since a discussion with another user earlier this year and while it's becoming an huge part of my collection i understand that not everyone want to have all those movies, not directly related to a video games series or even Anime series based on Visual novels, flooding that category ;D (i will probably do that during the next week after i ask permission from the mods).

sworddude

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2018, 10:09:32 am »
Some pretty nice weeks

Mediocre deals but imports wich I did not expect to find over here

darius 4081 cib 24 euro's shipped
castle shikami III wii was on the top of my wii import list can't believe someone had this over here stoked to ad this to the collection 24 euro's shipped
lose cart whip rush as spare cart 6 euro's shipped

ps2 sleeve sly racoon collection 2 euro's shipped

Random free deals all cib

psp

warriors orochi 2
dungeon explorer

ds

fossil fighters champions
dungeon maker

gamecube

vieuwtiful joe yellow edition

Sega deals

Turrican 10 euro's loss

Free console boxes/ sleeves

Megadrive 1 console box  + inserts in pretty nice shape there always in rough shape and if they are nice usually for top dollar.
i was most pleased with the dreamcast sleeve bought a dreamcast sold a dreamcast made my money back and kept the sleeve wich I was still needing
Was the dreamcast box set that I wanted the most I would personally call it the shenmue pack since shenmue seems to stand out the most as far as the box art goes.

It is however the chuchu rocket pack.

Free boxed nintendo deals in overall excellent shape

Snes

Raiden trad

n64

duke nukem zero hour

Gameboy

lose cart adventure island finally completing my last empty gameboy box with manual
gekido advance
kirby's adventure no cart
tumblepop
lucle

NEs always very pleased to find excellent nes deals wich is a rare thing in cib nice shape that is

Castlevania II
megaman 2

« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:20:58 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

rayne315

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2018, 10:33:05 am »

Wii
Eledees (i've never seen or heard about this game before and it was only 0.50€ so i don't take much risk and maybe it will be a good surprise)

I also found this game a while back! mine was more expensive though $3 or $4. but I bought it because it was from the same studio that made Dewy's Adventure (which I also own). although not a great game it will be worth the $5 or less if you manage to find it.

im really not a fan of waggle wands controls...
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2018, 11:47:28 am »

How do you get all this free stuff? Every couple of weeks you post a new thread with more stuff you say you got free.

sworddude

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2018, 11:55:59 am »

How do you get all this free stuff? Every couple of weeks you post a new thread with more stuff you say you got free.

I just comes from deals sets bought for cheap or at great deals. I resell the stuff I don't want or already have to recoup my money and keeping the stuff that I want. usually with profits and in some cases a minor loss or break even if I really want  something badly.

i'm pretty sure it is not a new thing for many other collectors who do the same thing if you want to collect on the cheap.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 12:02:49 pm by sworddude »

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2018, 06:10:44 am »
A few things i found at a garage sales this morning, and i finally got back a DVD i lent a two years ago (even if i had to go and get it back by myself, the face he made when he opened the door, he didn't expect to pass almost two hours of his Sunday morning searching his house for a DVD ;D):

PS4
Elex

PSP
Activision Hits Remixed (without box sadly but hey for 0,50€ i can't complain)

MegaDrive
McDonald's Global Gladiators (also know as "Mick & Mack as the Global Gladiators")

PC
Planescape Torment (Bigbox White Label Edition)
Fallout 2 (Game and manual only, i got it for free since it was inside the Planescape Torment bigbox)

Video Games related stuff:
Gunparade March (DVD - The full series)
Le Cobaye (the French name for "The Lawnmower Man" - DVD)
Resident Evil: Vendetta (Blu-ray)
Hard Corner the Movie (That's the DVD i lent two years ago and it's finally back into my hands. This is a movie made by Benzaie, a French Youtuber that you maybe know for his "Games That You Might Don't Know" series between 2008 and 2011 on Channel Awesome. That DVD was only available through his funding campaign on MyMajorCompany so that's why i'm pretty happy to finally get it back).

Everything else
Ant-man (DVD)
Caprica (DVD - It's just the pilot not the full series)
Independance Day: Resurgence (Blu-Ray)
Thor (DVD)
Record of Lodoss War: The Lady of Pharis (Manga Volume 1 & 2)

I also found this game a while back! mine was more expensive though $3 or $4. but I bought it because it was from the same studio that made Dewy's Adventure (which I also own). although not a great game it will be worth the $5 or less if you manage to find it.

im really not a fan of waggle wands controls...

Dewy's Adventure ? Never heard of it before which means that i would love to play it, the PAL version seems to be a bit pricey for me at the moment (from 15€ to 30€ for a copy) but i will keep an eye for it. I'm jealous, the cover for the American version of Eledees (or i should say Elebits) is so much better, i'm sad that they didn't used that cover for the PAL version (even more sad that they still used it for the manual and not for the cover).

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 06:34:08 am by metshael »

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2018, 05:25:29 pm »
Finds for this week:
Duke Nukem Time to Kill PS1 in Need For Speed High Stakes case 1.99$
Planet of the Apes PS1 cib 1.99$
Casper Friends Around the World PS1 cib 1.99$
Spyro Year of the Dragon *2 PS1 cib 1.54 each
Def Jam Vendetta greatest hits PS2 cib 2.99$
Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction PS2 cib 1.5$
Call of Duty Black Ops III Xbox 360 Pal copy 1.5$
Birds of Steel Xbox 360 cib 1.5$
Halo 3 Xbox 360 controller
Assassins Creed III Wii U cib 1.5$
Zombie U Wii U cib 1.5$
Forza 6 Xbox One cib 1.5$
Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One sealed 1.5$

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2018, 05:29:28 pm »
Hey boiz

I got two Splinter Cell games on Xbox 360 for £0.99 each at a charity shop, both of which are backwards compatible on xbox one

sworddude

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2018, 03:38:48 pm »
Those are some great adds Seether keep up the good stuff  :D

I especially like the box art of the double agent game.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 04:47:18 pm by sworddude »

tripredacus

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2018, 04:26:20 pm »
That's a good lookin dude in that pic.

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2018, 12:19:05 am »
Just a small little batch this week as I continue the path to a complete 360 collection:

N64:
Cruis'n Exotica
Vigilante 8

360:
Fifa 15
Naruto: The Broken Bond
Winter Sports

soera

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2018, 02:49:23 pm »
Exactly 3 years from the release date, I acquired my 3rd dev controller for the PS4. PAX 2015 edition. 1 to go!

tripredacus

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2018, 12:07:34 pm »
It has been a busy month, no time for games. But I did manage to get these over the past two weeks.

PS4
Titanfall 2

PC
Stalker: Clear Sky
Interactive Sailing
UTC Marine Sharpshooter
Prima/CompUSA Screen Saver CD

NDS
Mega Bloks Diego's Build and Rescue (one of those rare occurences when you find a DS game box at thrift and the cart is actually there)