Author Topic: Do you think Fallout 4 was a bad game?  (Read 1546 times)

Do you think Fallout 4 was a bad game?
« on: August 02, 2018, 07:10:34 am »

Re: Do you think Fallout 4 was a bad game?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 07:50:14 am »
It is a good game just not a good Fallout game.

kevininja

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 09:27:22 am »
Story-wise? Yes. Gameplay-wise? No.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 11:30:03 am »

I'm the opposite. I enjoyed the gameplay, but found the story shallow and boring, especially when compared to New Vegas.

kevininja

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 01:11:14 pm »

I'm the opposite. I enjoyed the gameplay, but found the story shallow and boring, especially when compared to New Vegas.
Yeah that's what I said. Story-wise it was bad, but gameplay-wise it was not.

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 02:36:53 pm »
I thought it was a great game! I liked it way more than Fallout 3 (but that's just me). Don't get me wrong, it had its share of faults, but I really enjoyed it.

However, I can understand why some people who loved Fallout 3 didn't like it because it did away with the stats system and other things.

hexen

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 02:41:31 pm »
I played Fallout 4 for about 250 hours, and this is a single game, not multiple files.

The hate for Fallout 4 is faaaar overblown. In terms of gameplay, I do prefer Fallout 3 & New Vegas' greater focus on RPG elements, but it is far from being the pure shooter detractors say it is. I'll admit I don't like the direction it took the series, but I would say it is still a great game in a genre that needs much more representation.

As a side note, in a recent times I've been trying to play all the 90's-early 00's PC masterpieces I never have, so I started earnestly playing Fallout 2 for the first time. Dozens of hours in I have to say the main criticism of Bethesda Fallout games is one I don't agree with. I like NV & FO3's gameplay much more than FO2 and the claim the RPG elements where stripped too much is exaggerated. This statement holds true for FO4 however, FO2's systems are better, but I still prefer the actual GAMEPLAY of FO4.

In the end, I'd say FO4 is still the weakest overall package in Fallout I've played (NV > FO3 > FO2 > FO4), but it's still a top percentile game in terms of content and fun compared to the trash the majority of AAA games we've had in the past 5 years. If you want to hate on a Fallout, hate on 76 because THAT is really screwing up the direction of Fallout, more than FO4 could have ever hoped to.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 04:36:30 pm »
It's a great game, but I think it's lacking a lot of improvements the series desperately needs.  The pipboy was a novel inventory system in 3 and New Vegas, but after I've put hundreds of hours into all three games, that inventory system is clunky and slow now.  I was hoping for an overhaul of that with the game as it's an easy fix.  Also the cutback on dialogue stuff wasn't the best, and the story isn't overly great.  There's also a lot of bugs that are just inherent with the engine that still exist.  As a fan of the games, I still enjoyed it and mods continue draw me back in like every 6 months.

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 07:18:07 pm »
No.

pizzasafari

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 07:26:47 pm »