Author Topic: Submit new item  (Read 1160 times)

Submit new item
« on: August 11, 2018, 10:50:11 pm »
Hi all,

I am wonder if it would be at all possible to make it that if someone publishes a new item they can edit it without having to get it checked by an admin or atleast have a period after submitting like a day or 2 to edit entries? I realize I need to double check everything before submitting but sometimes things like typos do slip through. I dont feel right constantly spamming admins with edits.

Flashback2012

Re: Submit new item
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 10:15:43 am »
Hi all,

I am wonder if it would be at all possible to make it that if someone publishes a new item they can edit it without having to get it checked by an admin or atleast have a period after submitting like a day or 2 to edit entries? I realize I need to double check everything before submitting but sometimes things like typos do slip through. I dont feel right constantly spamming admins with edits.

It's always good to double/triple check your submission beforehand but as you said, sometimes things get overlooked even after checking and you have to submit an edit. I wouldn't worry too much about the edits as mistakes happen and at least you're trying to do right by your submissions. I've seen plenty of items entered with no regard for punctuation, capitalization or even bothering to get necessary fields right.  :-\

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 10:31:02 am »
Currently, only admins have this ability. Allowing edits to skip queue on new items isn't a good idea because it can be used for things we'd rather not have on the site.

I could see the possibility for such a thing to happen in the future, but it would only be allowed for specific members and not to everyone.

Ideally, there should be a submission queue on new items, rather than just on edits.

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 11:23:58 am »
The whole database could get trolled if everyone was allowed to make edits.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 05:42:14 pm »
I wasn't saying for everyone to make edits just the author of the game posted being given a small window to edit what they have posted to fix any mistakes that may have slipped through.

If not that maybe a notes window to let the admins know you are trying to fix a typo when you do an edit?

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 09:31:54 am »
The ability to send notes in with an edit, and the ability for an admin to send a note on a reject is definately something we've been wanting.